Complaint Review: Avila Farms, Inc

• Updated: Mon, April 26, 2010

• Reported By: rpw — philadelphia Pennsylvania United States of America
Avila Farms, Inc
130 Adelaide St Toronto, Ontario United States of America

Avila Farms, Inc Steve Williams- Person who picked up Western Union money in the amount of $1400 money laundering scam Toronto, Ontario

*Author of original report: CELL PHONE NUMBER USED AS BUSINESS NUMBER

I received a letter from a company called Avila Farms, The letter looked really legit, It stated that they where a employment firm specializing in helping companies improve employee relations, They claimed they recieved my name from a database that had work-at-home jobs, weird part is, I really was looking for something like that about 2 weeks ago, it had a check with no stub, when I saw the forms I had to fill out and the fact that they picked specific stores Walmart, and, J.C Penny I was like ok, I was told to call once the letter was received because it was a 72 hr probationary paid training, meaning I had to get all the transactions and, send the receipts from Walmart, Jcpenney, and, Western Union, I'll break it down for you as it was broke down to me

$200 pay for me $100 to spend at walmart-which the items I got to keep, $1400 to Wester Union including a $130 service charge,$100 to spend at JCPenny-which I got to keep

Totalling $1930

So desperately I jumped at the idea, I was thinking why would they want me to go to these stores and, fax them the receipts, this must be legit, anyway I recieved the letter on tuesday 4/20, deposited the check on Wednesday it cleared on Thursday, and, bounced today, I called and spoke with a Fred Johnson, which was the same person I spoke to each time I called, and he calimed that it might have been because I received the letter late and, didn't complete the assignment in the time frame in which I was alotted, so they froze the check, he assured me that it would be handled, since I have completed at least one of the assignments someone by the name of Steve Williams picked up the money around 11:00am which was the last time I was able to contact anyone, bad part is because it's from Canada the FBI can't get involved because it's out of their jurisdiction....smdh

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/23/2010 05:19 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Avila-Farms-Inc/Toronto-Ontario-M7Y3M1/Avila-Farms-Inc-Steve-Williams-Person-who-picked-up-Western-Union-money-in-the-amount-of-595994. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Avila Farms, Inc

CELL PHONE NUMBER USED AS BUSINESS NUMBER

AUTHOR: rpw - (United States of America)

I did a reverse phine look up through google and the 416-841-5692 number is a pre-paid cell phone number with a company called Fido Solutions Inc, QC in Canada, I called them to verify but, all they could tell me was that the number was active, The toronto police dept and, FBI have been notified, hopefully we can bring these people to justice before they burn many more out of $1930