Complaint Review: Avion Technology

• Submitted: Thu, April 01, 2010
  • Updated: Wed, January 30, 2013

• Reported By: Michael — Atlanta Georgia United States of America
Avion Technology
1 Delaware Ct. Schaumburg, IL 60193 Schaumburg, Illinois United States of America

Avion Technology Ashore systems Pvt Ltd Perceived Bait and Switch Website Development Schaumburg, Illinois

*Consumer Comment: They done same to me

I hired Avion Technology to build a website for me back in March of 2009. The proposal, after many phone meetings with me, was for 2 months and $2000. In the proposal was a clause that if there were to be any changes to the scope that we would go through a change control process.

After 1 month of work they just completed the Functional Design Specifications and no development had begun. As things progressed they kept asking for payments even though they had not completed the work to necessitate the payment and they payment was not in line with the payment plan in the proposal.

Each time they requested a payment they kept promising to complete the next item shortly after the payment was received.

At one point they told me they had to start a second phase of the project and role several items from the first phase into the second phase and they were going to have to charge more money. At this point it had been 7 months and there was no working website. Just a bunch of empty promises and a portions of a site but none of it working.

I felt held hostage by this company. This website was my dream and Avion held my dream in the palms of their hands. They kept telling me they could get it done and after they received payment they never delivered on their promises nor on the agreed to contract. They kept telling me what I wanted was not possible to deliver with the way they developed the site and for the money I was paying yet they were the ones that developed the FSD that details what I want and at what level of detail.

I allowed them to start the second phase of the project and gave them a down payment. They told me it would be completed by middle November 2009. Come middle January 2010 the site still was not complete. I made the payment through American Express and so I disputed the payment with them. American Express did a thorough investigation and requested information from Avion Technology. After their investigation American Express sided with me a refunded my payment.

Every time I communicate with Avion Technology now and try to get a refund because I still have no working site they tell me I demanded things out of scope and they delivered them. I have a hard time believing they would do things for free especially since I could not even get them to complete the things they agreed to complete for me per the contract. Plus, we had a process for change control and if I was asking for something extra then they should have used the process and told me what the extra costs would be and have me sign off on them but they never did.

In my opinion this was a case of bait and switch. They agreed to build something for $2000 and when they could not complete it they made excuses and tried to charge me more. American Express must have agreed that Avion did not do what was in the contract or they would not have refunded my money that was on top of the $2000. I just want Avion to refund my $2000 and they can go about their business and hopefully this posting will prevent others from making the same mistakes I made by trusting that this company will do as they say they will do.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/01/2010 07:09 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Avion-Technology/Schaumburg-Illinois-60193/Avion-Technology-Ashore-systems-Pvt-Ltd-Perceived-Bait-and-Switch-Website-Development-Scha-588592. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Avion Technology

They done same to me

AUTHOR: Neo - (United States of America)

Avion has ripped me for 6500$ please contact me immidiately for filing a law suit against them

icoc7509@gmail.com Thanks. My story is exactly same like yours