Complaint Review: Avis Car Renta

• Reported By: Mary Beth — Columbus Ohio
Avis Car Renta
, Select State/Province USA

Avis Car Rental: Beware of fees!!!! NEVER TOLD ABOUT FEES! Columbus Ohio

I made a reservation with an Avis car rental customer service agent. I specifically asked three or four times if there were ANY fees if I cancelled since I was not sure I would be needing a car. He told me THREE times 'NO'. He told me all I had to do was cancel 6 hours before the scheduled pick up time.

I called back to cancel the reservation and the agent told me that there was a $25 cancellation fee. I told them that I was not told about the fee, could they please pull the call and listen to it. They stated that they did not record phone calls. I asked if I could be transferred to a supervisor who told me the same thing and was really rude. She said that 'Everything in this world has cancellation fees' and I should have known better even if the original agent did not tell me correctly.

I got off the phone with her already upset that I had clarified several times that there would be no cancellation fee and having to pay a $25 dollar fee.

I recived an email with the cancellation email and it was $100 fee!!!

I tried to call and the accounting department was closed.

This is horrible business, false advertising, and flat out robbery!!!

Do not EVER use Avis!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/18/2013 10:19 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Avis-Car-Renta/Select-StateProvince/Avis-Car-Rental-Beware-of-fees-NEVER-TOLD-ABOUT-FEES-Columbus-Ohio-1093018. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Avis Car Renta