• Report: #731966

• Updated: Sun, May 22, 2011

• Reported By: Jonathan Martin — San Diego California United States of America
Avis Car Rental Hilo
General Lyman Field Hilo, Hawaii United States of America

Avis Car Rental Hilo Charging for vandalism that was already present before rental!! Hilo, Hawaii

I arrived in Hilo International airport I had reservations with Avis car rental . The agent reccommended I go inspect the vechicle before filling out the remaining documents to report any damages or dents. Which I did the car had numerous key markings all over the vehicle I reported that to the Avis agent. As well I recorded all damages in my personal cell phone which matches time and date of rental day

I returned the vehicle in the same condition clean in & out and a full tank of fuel no one from Avis inspected the vehicle upon return. Month later I received an envelop from Avis Claim Department saying I was responsible for paying 763.00 dollars for vandalism damages. I have contacted the manager there I pleaded my case he said there was nothing he could do at that time due to claim department was closed for the weekend.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/22/2011 01:19 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Avis-Car-Rental-Hilo/Hilo-Hawaii-96720/Avis-Car-Rental-Hilo-Charging-for-vandalism-that-was-already-present-before-rental-Hilo-731966. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Avis Car Rental Hilo