Folklore

• Submitted: Fri, August 12, 2011
  • Updated: Wed, February 08, 2012

• Reported By: Nevada Jim — Wellington Nevada United States of America
Avis Car Rental

Avis Car Rental I WAS IN THE WRONG LINE FOR A TOLL BOOTH AND COULD NOT PAY THE TOLL, NO ONE TO ACCEPT IT. THE TOLL WAS 80 CENTS: AVIS CHARGED MY CARD FOR $10.67. LESSON LEARNED. DON'T RENT A CAR FROM AVIS Internet, Internet

*Consumer Suggestion: Why this happens

I rented a car from Avis in Pittsburgh, PA. I made a mistake being in the wrong line at a toll road booth. No one in the booth to take the 80 cent toll. I was told by the toll manager that I would receive a bill for 80 cents. One month later Avis charged my card for $10.67. Not a big deal but I won't rent from Avis in the future. I wonder how many others are ripped off?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/12/2011 02:21 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Avis-Car-Rental/internet/Avis-Car-Rental-I-WAS-IN-THE-WRONG-LINE-FOR-A-TOLL-BOOTH-AND-COULD-NOT-PAY-THE-TOLL-NO-O-764406. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Avis Car Rental

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Why this happens

AUTHOR: Nathan - (United States of America)

I work in the rental car industry and when you go through a toll without paying the rental car company gets a bill for more than the toll is. We then charge your card directly. Because the vehicle is not yours the bill goes to the owner of the vehicle which in this case was Avis. In Pa a 50 cent toll comes to $27.50. It would seem that Avis did not charge you the full amount.