Complaint Review: Avis Rent A Car System LLC, Vroomvroomvroom.com

• Submitted: Thu, June 04, 2009
  • Updated: Thu, June 04, 2009

• Reported By:Alicante Other
Avis Rent A Car System LLC, Vroomvroomvroom.com
6 Sylvan Way Parsippany, New Jersey U.S.A.

Vroomvroomvroom.com, Avis Rent A Carvroomvroomvroom.com, Avis Rent A Car System LLC Tripled charges to my credit card compared to online reservation total price. Parsippany, New Jersey

I made a reservation for Avis rental car online with vroomvroomvroom.com for 3 day intermediate type rental car for pick-up drop off same location May 2-5, 2009 at the DFW airport. I received a reservation number and a total cost of $110.46.

Upon arrival at the airport I was informed the total charges to my credit card would be $371.19. The difference in total price at reservation and total price at pick to be charged to my credit card had tripled. The agent gave no explanation other than "service fees". The addition of the optional GPS $41.85 can't justify a three-fold increase in total price. In view of the late hour, 2:00AM, I had just arrived from a late translatlantic flight and for lack of

other options, other rental car company counters were empty, I was left with no choice but agree to the amount in order to get transportation from the airport to reach my destination 45 miles away.

It is totally unacceptable and bad business practise to give a cutomer and Avis reservation number accompanying a "total price" online and then triple that price at the counter. This was the first time I had rented with Avis and, as you can imagine, will be the last.I requested a refund of the numerous overcharges added to the car rental price on online feedback form for Avis website.

What else can I do or whom should I could to pursue this matter in the likely event the company does not give satisfaction?

Lydie
Alicante
Spain

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/04/2009 08:43 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Avis-Rent-A-Car-System-LLC-Vroomvroomvroomcom/Parsippany-New-Jersey-07054/Vroomvroomvroomcom-Avis-Rent-A-Carvroomvroomvroomcom-Avis-Rent-A-Car-System-LLC-Triple-458467. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Avis Rent A Car System LLC, Vroomvroomvroom.com