Complaint Review: Avis Rental

• Submitted: Mon, July 13, 2009
  • Updated: Mon, July 13, 2009

• Reported By:Davenport Iowa
Avis Rental
2200 - 69th Avenue Moline, Illinois U.S.A.

Avis Rental Ripped off for $139 in gas charges! Moline Illinois

Following rental of a van at the QC International Airport car rental agency, the first van I was given had faulty brakes. I returned to the airport and was told another van was not available. When I pressed the counter person about the Chrysler Town & Country van I parked next to, I was treated with disrespect and disregard. The counter person looked in her drawer, found the keys, and proceeded to change my reservation to the T&C van.

She was extremely surly and refused to talk to me or give me any explanation whatsoever. I was shocked to be treated so shabbily as a customer. This clearly wasn't my fault but the agent certainly made me feel less than human simply because she wouldn't even talk to me. She nearly threw the rental contract at me with the keys and never once apologized for the inconvenience.

After this shabby treatment, when I returned the van with a full tank of gas, I put the keys and rental contract in a brown box on the counter only to find out on my credit card statement they charged me another $139 for gas! I believe Avis is a very dishonest company. They have requested that I fax them a receipt for the gas. When I asked them for a copy of the agreement I returned to them with this information circled, they told me it was not available. These actions are unacceptable and Avis is a big ripoff company. Totally dishonest!

Mary
Davenport, Iowa

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/13/2009 06:30 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Avis-Rental/Moline-Illinois-61265/Avis-Rental-Ripped-off-for-139-in-gas-charges-Moline-Illinois-469264. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Avis Rental