Complaint Review: Avis rental cars

• Updated: Mon, February 08, 2010

• Reported By: ern — racine Wisconsin USA
Avis rental cars
charleston ,sc airport Internet United States of America

Avis rental cars charged my credit card $105.00 for a detail job on the car I rented. Said some sand was in the car charleston, Internet

I rented a car from Avis when we went to south carolina. First of all they give me the toyota that had recall on it and never bothered to contact us about this or offer to exchange cars.

Second of all after I get home, I receive a letter from them stating that they charged my credit card $105.00 for detailing of the car.

The reason behind this,was that there was some sand and a stain in the car that thier cleaning crews cannot clean. The employee stated that most people pay for the detailing or that they take it themselves and have it cleaned.

My wife and I do not party and what stains were in that car could have been in there before. We are both 53 years old and this has never happened before.

They look for the customer to pay for everything. They are big ripoff-do not use them.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/08/2010 04:30 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Avis-rental-cars/internet/Avis-rental-cars-charged-my-credit-card-10500-for-a-detail-job-on-the-car-I-rented-Sai-566320. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Avis rental cars