Complaint Review: Avis

• Submitted: Tue, April 14, 2009
  • Updated: Thu, April 30, 2009

• Reported By:Saint Johns Florida
Avis
Atlanta International Airport Atlanta, Georgia U.S.A.

Avis, Avis Rent-A-Car, Another bait-and-switch from AVIS car rentals Atlanta Georgia

*Consumer Suggestion: Renting a Car Is A Big Scam

I reserved and pre-paid for a rental on priceline.com. The price I agreed to and paid was $155.06. When I returned the car, I had a charge for an "upgrade fee" of $36.80. I did not upgrade my car, in fact, I rented the exact same car from Avis about 2 weeks prior to this experience.

I was running late for my flight, and did not have time to fight with them at that time. I called Customer Service, and they are unwilling to reverse the $36 charge. I have initiated a dispute with American Express for the extra $36. I hope they will initiate a chargeback.

I only rent cars about 5 times a year, and I have never had an experience like this. I will never use AVIS again.

Jaxbert
Saint Johns, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/14/2009 06:00 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Avis/Atlanta-Georgia/Avis-Avis-Rent-A-Car-Another-bait-and-switch-from-AVIS-car-rentals-Atlanta-Georgia-443581. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Avis

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Renting a Car Is A Big Scam

AUTHOR: Whistleblower - (Canada)

You mention that you rent 5 times a year. I would never rent a car again. They are all the same. That is why each of them have been complained about. I will always take my own car if I travel due to the fact that they all are crooked.