Supreme

Avis
Nashville International Airport Nashville, Tennessee United States of America

Avis Thrifty Avis and Thrifty rental car left us stranded Nashville, Tennessee

*Consumer Comment: similar experience

I recently made a reservation 2 months in advance of our trip to rent a mini-van to go one way from TN to Colorado.  I called three times to insure I understood the debit card policy thoroughly and was told I would be charged 100% of the rental up front plus a 250.00 deposit which was fine.  upon my arrival to the airport in Nashville I was denied the car even though I had the entire amount available on my card and was left stranded with my child in Nashville. I was in tears and had to have this car to move my family across country as a single mom and knew noone in Nashville. I was unable to find another mini van and had to rent a very small car and was charge three times the amount plus a one way drop fee costing me near 2,000.  We were so crammed and uncomfortable and our trip was ruined needless  to say dangerous because we had so much stuff and no leg room at all.  I couldn't believe what they did to us.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/19/2011 01:43 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Avis/Nashville-Tennessee-/Avis-Thrifty-Avis-and-Thrifty-rental-car-left-us-stranded-Nashville-Tennessee-719537. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Avis

similar experience

AUTHOR: whatrwedoinwithourliveshere? - (USA)

I had a very similar experience.  In my case they didn't have any cars even though I had paid in advance.