Complaint Review: Avis

• Updated: Wed, May 15, 2013

• Reported By: Stephanie —
Avis
Internet USA

Avis Avis would not rent me the car I already paid for! Refused to hold up their end of the deal Internet

I used Priceline.com to rent a car and paid for the rental when I booked the reservation. This is not something new to me, I have done it many times.

When my guest arrived at the airport (Greenville, Spartanburg Airport in South Carolina) on the morning of 5/15/13 and we went to pick up the car they would not take his prepaid debit/credit card (every other time we've rented a car we haven't ever had a problem.) So I attempted to give them my card. They wouldnt take that either because they wanted his car since he was going to drive the vehicle.

At this point I said fine I will be the only driver on the vehicle and tried to give my card again. Still they would not take it. They said he was listed as a driver already so they wouldnt take him off and put just me on!

The manager was extremely rude and unwilling to help us at all.

Needless to say since he gave us no options we were unable to get a car! I would feel really bad for anyone in this situation that did not have family or friends to pick them up from the airport, they would be stranded! He attempted other car rental places but they all wanted double or more money!

Priceline was great and refunded the transaction because Avis was unwilling to hold up their end of the deal. I will never deal with Avis ever again! Not only becuase of their polices not to take a card that has the amount of money they want to hold on it(??) but mostly because the manager was extremely rude and unwilling to help at all!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/15/2013 12:16 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Avis/internet/Avis-Avis-would-not-rent-me-the-car-I-already-paid-for-Refused-to-hold-up-their-end-of-t-1051163. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Avis