Complaint Review: Avistar Parking , Airport Corporate Parking

• Submitted: Fri, September 08, 2006
  • Updated: Fri, September 08, 2006

• Reported By:Orange Connecticut
Avistar Parking , Airport Corporate Parking
23rd Ave. And 90th St.11369 East Elmhurst /LGA, New York U.S.A.
  • Phone: 718-507-8162
  • Web:
  • Category: Airports

Avistar Parking, Airport Corporate Parking Damage vehicle while valeting and refused to cover damage they caused. East Elmhurst /LGA New York

I used Avistar parkng, an airport parking compnay, for parking my vehicle while flying out of Laguardia Airport in NY. I gave them my keys and car in perfectly good shape. The inspection noted no damage to the tires prior to leaving.

When I returned in the shuttle to pick our car up the attendant was filling up both left tires and they were half flat. The manager acted like he was doing me a favor. Upon closer inspection the front left hubcap was scratched and the tire sidewall was torn.

I filed a written claim prior to leaving per their ticket disclaimer and when I requested a copy of it prior to leaving, the manager refused and instead would only give me his business card. How rediculous! I then had to call the police to come and verify the damage and get a copy of the report I filed and the manager wouldn't give me.

Then after getting home in CT the front left tire was half flat again and completely flat the next morning.
Then 2 days later I got a letter stating they had reviewed my claim and determined they were not resposible. But no one ever contacted me and reviewed the 10 pictures of the damage I took at the Avistar. And of course the letter did not include a number to contact them. DO NOT PARK AT AVISTAR, PAY $1 MORE AND PARK SOMEWHERE ELSE!!!

****Do not use Avistar if they damage your car, they won't care and will say they are not responsible!***

Orange, Connecticut

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/08/2006 02:59 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Avistar-Parking-Airport-Corporate-Parking/East-Elmhurst-LGA-New-York-11369/Avistar-Parking-Airport-Corporate-Parking-Damage-vehicle-while-valeting-and-refused-to-co-210103. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Avistar Parking , Airport Corporate Parking