Complaint Review: Avon Communications

• Submitted: Mon, December 02, 2002
  • Updated: Wed, April 15, 2009

• Reported By:85233 Arizona
Avon Communications
P.O. Box 1607 Monroe, Michigan U.S.A.

Avon Communications ripoff warning Monroe Michigan

*Consumer Comment: too good to be true

*Consumer Suggestion: Can you say "Mail Fraud"?

This is just a warning and hopefully it will help some people to keep their eyes open. I sent away to 2 different envelope stuffing companies hoping to make some extra money in my spare time.

I got the first letter from Summit Group Publications which told me to semd in 35 dollars in order to get my first envelopes.

I looked their name up on the net and found only complaints on this website. I threw the letter away.
I then got a very detailed letter from nationwide C.S. Incorporated. My friend and I split the cost of this fee-$32 and have yet to recieve anything. Now, today, I recieved a with no return address.

I opened the letter only to find that it was from ANOTHER envelope stuffing company. The address has only a P.O. Box and no street address.

It is called Avon Communications and is in Monroe, MI. They charge 55 dollars if you paln to make 550 dollars. 75 dollars to make 750, 95 to make 950... and so on.
I was stupid to send away thinking I could make money stuffing envelopes.

I don't think there is anywhere that doesn't rip you off for trying to do this job. I just hope you can all keep your eyes peeled and be very careful if you send anything out.

Megan
Gilbert, Arizona

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/02/2002 06:12 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Avon-Communications/Monroe-Michigan-48161/Avon-Communications-ripoff-warning-Monroe-Michigan-36851. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Avon Communications

too good to be true

AUTHOR: Karma1969usa - (U.S.A.)

most of these rip offs occur because of the longing that people in general have to do easy work for good pay! most of the "work at home" ads sound so great like "hey i get to stay home with my kids and make $500 bucks a week stuffing envelopes? or writing reviews on books ? " these are fantasy jobs and anything that requires you to send in money in order to make it are probably rip offs.
you are better off going out and looking for a real job.

#2 Consumer Suggestion

Can you say "Mail Fraud"?

AUTHOR: Scott - (U.S.A.)

You might want to contact the USPS Postal Inspectors about this kind of crap. I have an Avon Communications letter right here in my hot little hand.

Since losing my job 3 days before Christmas, I have looked around for something to bring in at least "some" money while looking for employement. I fell upon ROR by accident and so far am glad I did. Especially when I see how many crap scemes there are out there.

The latest in my mailbox are:
Summit Group - who want $35 for stuffing envelopes
Avon Communications - who's terms are explained above.
River Road Productions - which I'm researching now.