Complaint Review: Award Notification Commission

• Reported By: Stop-Look and Read — Tampa Florida United States of America
Award Notification Commission
5903 N Cherokee Ave Tampa, Florida United States of America

Award Notification CommissionTried to rip me off Tampa, Florida

I received a very official looking envelope from the Award Notification Commission. I first noticed that the sticker on the front of the envelope was not actually a sticker, but printed on the envelope but curiosity forced me to open it.

I pulled out a very official looking notification and my eyes were immediately drawn to a printed box stateing that I had won two million dollars, this was very good news since I like many other Americans are debt stressed and this was the ideal answer to my financial problems, Yay!

I knew that the only two contest I had entered was PCH and a pet photo contest that was worth only a few hundred dollars, nothing on the letter or envelope said PCH.

Now you only have a few days to get this back to the sender with your $11.89 so why waste any time reading the entire contents of the letter, after all, they've been kind enough to highlite the important parts, so it seems.

Now it was plenty hard work getting my 82 year old mother to stop sending these freaks $29.00, $19.00, etc, you get the picture. The more she sent, the more contest she won, She didn't question why she never got any of the money she had won.

Yet, with all this experience, I didn't just crumple the thing and throw it away, I read on....appears my $11.89 was only a contest entry fee and that I had not actually won anything and probably never would and I doubt, would anyone else. But I do thank them for the fireplace kindling.

Do I believe they should be prosecuted and forced to reimburse the money, absolutely! If they are charging money for a lottery, they should make it evident that it is a lottery and not a winning. By the way, is the lottery legal in Kansas. $11.89 could be the difference needed to pay for housing, utilities or food in many households these days.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/29/2011 08:26 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Award-Notification-Commission/Tampa-Florida-33604/Award-Notification-CommissionTried-to-rip-me-off-Tampa-Florida-815262. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Award Notification Commission