Complaint Review: Award Processing Center

• Reported By: Noel — Woodbridge Virginia United States of America
Award Processing Center
1401 Armour Rd, PO Box 219620 Kansas City, Missouri United States of America

Award Processing Center Can't get away from them Kansas City, Missouri

My father is 85 years old and for the last year or more has been receiving 40-50 pieces of mail per day.  Most of these pieces are either requests for money or these outrageous sweepstakes claims.  A few times he has even received telephone calls where the person called quoted sayings from the Bible and convinced my father that he had won $2,000.000.00.  All he needed to do was to send him $1500.00 to a contact out of the country.  Supposedly this was for a mission.  It turned out to be a scam, a number of people in the town received similar telephone calls.

I live in VA and my father in PA.  I can't be there to monitor his mail and I want him to have the independance to make decisions for himself but being inudated day after day by these offers would cause any of us to start to get a little upset.

I have contacted the PA Attorney General about the first incedent but there have been at least 2 others that I know of.  We have tried to change the telephone number but these scam artists have been able to locate it again.

I don't know what happened to the privacy of one's own home.  How are these people able to get the information and keep badgering our seniors?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/18/2012 08:01 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Award-Processing-Center/Kansas-City-Missouri-64121-9620/Award-Processing-Center-Cant-get-away-from-them-Kansas-City-Missouri-929042. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Award Processing Center