Complaint Review: Awareness Technologies/Webwatcher

• Updated: Tue, November 30, 2010

• Reported By: mb110 — Virginia Beach Virginia United States of America
Awareness Technologies/Webwatcher
4640 Admiralty Way, Suite 1010 Los Angeles, California United States of America

Awareness Technologies/Webwatcher Awareness Technologies/Webwatcher - Marketing Scam Los Angeles, California

The product advertised is to record data once you install the application onto a  target computer for the contract term of one year. I made a purchase for version 5.0 - it required constant reinstallation on my part and I missed months of recorded data due to the repeated re-installations to fix multiple service packs they added to their product and host server.

Customer support said the resolution was to purchase the unlimited upgrades to version 6.0. which I did (foolishly), but 6 months into the new contract the application is completely useless -again- not recording (at all) and customer support says the only thing I can do is pay for yet another upgrade and keep reinstalling the software.

That means I lose another 4 months (1/3rd) of my contract term. It is a scam. If I purchased a year I should be able to retrieve data for a year without making another purchase to upgrade.

I researched the contract terms and the product advertised says one installation is required. It does not warn me that I will need to continually re-install the application throughout the contract term.

But Support says I need to keep reinstalling the application. If that is the deal, then their legal team needs to put that in the contract because it makes the application unusable if you do not have access to the target computer.

I know this issue can be corrected without reinstalling the application because someone did it before on my behalf when I complained to the Corporate headquarters. B-U-T you have to pay for that upgraded Support Package to get that kind of help!!!

The head of Customer Support says I must buy the upgraded support or the upgraded license (7.0) to continue using the original product that I already purchased. They refuse to provide a refund after one month but you will not see the problem until you are 6 weeks into using the product.

Buyer beware.

This is a scam.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/30/2010 03:40 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Awareness-TechnologiesWebwatcher/Los-Angeles-California-90292/Awareness-TechnologiesWebwatcher-Awareness-TechnologiesWebwatcher-Marketing-Scam-Los-666738. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Awareness Technologies/Webwatcher