Complaint Review: Awesome Works Recording Studio

• Updated: Mon, March 21, 2011

• Reported By: cy — somewhere in Texas United States of America
Awesome Works Recording Studio
100 W Travis St Holland, Texas United States of America

Awesome Works Recording Studio Steve Palousek.... unfinished recordings... keeping master recording and music tracks... will not answer phone calls, emails Holland, Texas

*General Comment: Dont Believe It

*General Comment: Awesome Works Recording Studio

*General Comment: This Report is Bogus!

*Consumer Comment: Awesome Job Awesome Works

*Consumer Comment: Awesome Works Recording & Palousek - Top Notch

*UPDATE Employee: Dates? Names? Who are YOU?

I began some recording sessions with Steve Palousek about 5-6 years ago. I was able to get into the studio only one time and Steve was not there. He evidently was in jail.
I paid some musicians to play the rhythm & bass tracks and hired a fiddle player. Steve played steel guitar & lead guitar on the demos. However, like I mentioned I was only able to get into the studio once and that's when it was run by someone else(although Steve still owned it). In the last years, Steve has not answered a phone call or email. I have invested about $2500-$3000(he even charged me for storage) in this project and all I have are some demos that need to be redone. Steve has kept my master recording so I can't got to another studio and never offered me a copy of the music tracks without vocals.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/06/2010 12:40 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Awesome-Works-Recording-Studio/Holland-Texas-76534/Awesome-Works-Recording-Studio-Steve-Palousek-unfinished-recordings-keeping-master-578948. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Awesome Works Recording Studio

#1 General Comment

Dont Believe It

AUTHOR: grumpyjack - ()

I  have checked on this studio through many sources  including well known musicians in  the Temple Belton area. I have found no negative reports concerning this studio. I just finished going to Dallas last month to do a session and I live in Rogers about 18 miles from  Holland.  I have an excellent recomendation from a good friend kevin Mertz of the well known Last Call Band in this area as to the  quality and professionalism of this studio. I have no reason not to try them on my next  upcoming project in a few weeks. As a former police investigator for 20 years I read the complaint and found it to be totally bogus and unreliable, full of holes and as we would say wouldnt stand up in court. It looks like a poor attempt to slander an honest businessman.

#2 General Comment

Awesome Works Recording Studio

AUTHOR: WJW - ()

I have nothing but GOOD things to say about Awesome Works Recording Studio. I have used them on several occasions & have had great experiences every time! I recommend anyone that wants an excellent recording from someone that has an expert ear for music, to use Steve Palousek's studio. I highly recommend him!

#3 General Comment

This Report is Bogus!

AUTHOR: Donna - (United States of America)

We have been waiting for cy to give us a call, visit or email since we responded to the original report.  So far....NOTHING!  If you are reading these reports and have the need for a professional studio, run by professionals, please give us call or email.

Awesome Job Awesome Works

AUTHOR: Billy Holt Band - (United States of America)

My name is Billy Holt & I am a current customer of Awesome Works. I have worked with Steve at Awesome works many times over the past few years. I have been nothing but pleased with the work done there. I would highly recommend Awesome Works. I am currently working on my album with Steve and I think it sounds great and enjoy working with him. To the author of the complaint, I find the allegations out of character. Again, I would highly recommend Awesome Works to others. Steve is very easy to work with.

Billy Holt

The Billy Holt Band

Awesome Works Recording & Palousek - Top Notch

AUTHOR: Susan - (Virgin Islands (US))

I recorded a CD with Steve Palousek at Awesome Works Recording, a few years ago.

Considering my absolutely FANTASTIC experience with Steve in the Studio, I find it extremely difficult to believe this report, especially considering the following:

1.  You claim that you began recording with Steve Palousek, and that Steve played steel & lead guitar on the demos, but the was not there the ONLY time that you were.

How is it possible for you to have a demo with Steve playing on it if he WAS NOT there the only time that YOU WERE?  Yes, he is one of the best players I've ever heard, but I still don't believe he could have played on your demo while simultaneously serving time "in jail".  Obviously, he could have played on it after you recorded your part, but if he hasn't responded to you at all, how could you possibly know that?  Your report just doesn't add up.

2.  You claim that you paid 2-3k for demos, but Steve was not there.
Who did you pay?  Where is your receipt?  Where is your proof that you were even at Awesome Works Recording?  Your report just doesn't add up.

Summary:
Your report completely contradicts itself.  It also completely contradicts my experience with Steve and Awesome Works Recording.

Go ahead and treat yourself.  Take a listen to a top notch, professional, collaborative project, created by Steve and I.

I'm proud of my name and thrilled with the entire process of creating this project with Steve Palousek and Awesome Works Recording.  I am very much looking forward to my next project with him.

Sincerely,

Susan E. Craig
www.reverbnation.com/susancraig
www.susancraigmusic.com

Dates? Names? Who are YOU?

AUTHOR: Steve & Donna Palousek - (United States of America)

cy, I have a few questions and comments for you.....

What date were you here?  Any idea? If this incident took place 5-6 years ago, why are you waiting until March 2010 to complain?

Who were the rythym, bass and fiddle players that you hired and paid?  We would like to check their memories of this session. By the way, Steve gets paid for "session work" too, whether it is in his studio or someone else's and he doesn't recall any payment for this project.

Now lets take a look at your claims, and some contradictions in your report....  You stated that Steve was not there and that the studio was run by someone else, so how could Steve have played on your demos? In the last years, you have called and/or emailed how many times?  We both frequently check his emails and return his calls and we have no idea who you are. With so many of your attempts to contact us, both Steve and I should know who you are by now, right?  AND, on a personal note, if I had invested that much $$, I would have called, emailed, sent a letter or come by the studio by now. Speaking of $$, I don't know of anyone who has come in this studio and doesn't know EXACTLY how much they spent and so do we, because we issue receipts....who was the "someone else" (the one that wasn't Steve) that you gave your money to?  Did you not think it important to get a receipt? We have yet to see one issued to cy from somewhere in Texas. I would also like for you to know that in the last 12+ years  that Steve has had his own studios, he has NEVER charged anyone for storage....and how could he have charged you?....he wasn't here, you said so yourself, remember? We are not aware of any unclaimed, paid for demos or masters and there are certainly none "in storage" that haven't been paid for and those are stored FOR FREE!

If I were in your shoes, I would have been standing on every rooftop I could find, screaming "MY NAME IS DONNA PALOUSEK FROM HOLLAND TEXAS AND I HAVE BEEN RIPPED OFF FOR $2750.00 (I took the $2500-$3000 and split it down the middle ;-)

...I wouldn't have whimpered " I'm (uh, um, better not use my name) cy and I'm from (ooh, better not tell that either) somewhere in Texas and I've been ripped off for an approximate, undetermined, made-up amount of money..."

cy, next time you call or email, please identify yourself.  Steve & I are anxiously waiting for your next contact and for you to prove your claims, but I don't think we will need to hold our breath.

For those if you reading this, we would be happy and honored to ask for rebuttals from the 20+ projects we have done in the last 5-6 years. These folks would be happy and honored to tell you that, depending on the number of songs (which was never specified) demos are usually NOT done in one visit. They also KNOW who they are working with and who is "taking" their money....