Complaint Review: Axia College Of University Of Phoenix Online

• Updated: Thu, June 23, 2011

• Reported By: Tootsie — Okolona Mississippi United States of America
Axia College Of University Of Phoenix Online
Internet, Arizona United States of America

Axia College Of University Of Phoenix Online How can an individual or facility change the time zone? I was a student in the fall of 2009 and had a GPA of 3.34. I submitted my final papers according to my time which is 2 hours ahead of Arizona' Internet, Arizona

*Consumer Comment: To #4 comment

*Consumer Comment: YOU ARE NOT BEING HONEST

*Consumer Comment: accredidation

*Consumer Comment: Reply

*Consumer Comment: Time ZOnes

*Consumer Comment: Time Zone confusion

I was a student at Axia College/University of Phoenix.  I had a gpa of 3.34 and enjoyed my classes.  I was a student in the fall of 2009.  I submitted my final papers based on the my time which I had done all along.  I am 2 hours ahead of their time.  I was told that one of my papers was late and could not be accepted.  I asked how when I am two hours ahead of them.  I was told that when time changed in October, it became one hour difference.  How in the world can that happen?  I asked why was students not informed if this was a part of their policy?  I was told that they did not have to inform us.  It was noted through the time on the computer.  From October to December I had been turning my work in the same way.  How can time zones be altered for specific individuals or facilities?  Check this out; the paper that I turned in last was accepted and the one I turned in first was not!  I was placed on probation because it brought my gpa to a 1.97.  I was furious and hurt.  I appealed to no avail.  They lie about their accrediation.  The major universities here in the state of Mississippi, do not accept their credits.  They are liars and cheaters.  I feel that they should be made to pay back the loans that I obtained to attend there.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/01/2010 01:04 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Axia-College-Of-University-Of-Phoenix-Online/Internet-Arizona-/Axia-College-Of-University-Of-Phoenix-Online-How-can-an-individual-or-facility-change-the-609162. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Axia College Of University Of Phoenix Online

To #4 comment

AUTHOR: FSU fan - (USA)

I was reading through these reports and noticed how quick you were to jump very defensive. You say what a great University this is...Than why can't you spell??? SINCE??? IS spelled SENSE...The way you are using it.  And you have a Degree??

My wife attends this University. She has had a few bumps along the way, but you will come across this at any college/University. The only concern we have at this point would be if employers see this degree as credible as one from UNCA? Because if she is spending thousands of dollars for nothing...Than we will have a large problem! That is our concern.

YOU ARE NOT BEING HONEST

AUTHOR: truth - (United States of America)

I would like to correct a comment that you made about their transfer credits.  You are not being honest.  Take time to do your homework before verbally vommitting your comments about UOP.  I would like to challenge you to go to the University of Mississippi and look on their site, click on transfer student, then you need to click on transfer equivalencies.  Once you click on that., search all institutions.  Under University of Phoenix.. it shows how each class transfers into the University of Mississippi.  For those of you that are reading this garbage please take time to do the same before believing this report.  They however will not transfer your F or D because noone wants to give credit for those!!!

accredidation

AUTHOR: Chris - (United States of America)

OH MY GOODNESS. I am a graduate of the University of Phoenix... and I'm here to tell you that they DO NOT LIE ABOUT THEIR ACCREDIDATION. I'm hoping anyone that reads your post has enough common since to do their research before reading such a ridiculous comment. Do you even know what accreditation is??? I'm assuming not. Here, I did some research so let me educate you. UOP is accredited by the higher learning commission. If you don't believe me, go on UOP's site and then go to the HLC site. If that means nothing to you then lets get down for you in simpler terms. Do your homework, so that you don't have to take my word for it. Who is Mississippi State University accredited by? Ok, write that down. There should be regional accreditation and national. Then go to the UOP site and choose your state. WOW!! Now you will see that both schools have the same accreditations. Do you really think that they post their accreditation on their public website without it being true? SERIOUSLY!!!! Also, call Mississippi State and ask them how much lenience they would give you if you didn't show up for your final exam. This is college, you cannot miss your final.. I remember week 5 being my final!!!! I hope others are reading this, so that they understand accreditation as well. UGGGG!!! I hope you finish your degree... when you do... I'm thinking you should not be late for your interviews.  If you are... do not come on this site and bash the company.  You have access to your final paper for all 5 weeks you should not wait till the last moment to submit it.

AUTHOR: NooGe - (United States of America)

I am surprised that you had any issues if it was only a couple of hours difference. The only time I see this becoming an issue if it was your 5th week assignment.. Otherwise it has been my experience that most of the instructors are very flexible and allow you up to midnight local time the day the assignment is due. This varies of course from instructor to instructor.

Another note.. There are probably major colleges and university that might not accept certain credits from a school in Mississippi as well. You should always check any institutions accreditation before enrolling. U of P is accredited by several different organizations depending on which "school" you attend. I have had some credits transfer and others not. I dont blame the school for my lack of due diligence in checking ahead of time. Their statements are technically not false, one might consider them to be misleading if they have not done the research though.

Also.. a GPA drop from 3.34 to 1.97 from a single class? Sounds strange to me.. Is that even mathematically possible?

Time ZOnes

AUTHOR: Debbie - (U.S.A.)

Not all states participate in daylight savings time and Arizona is one of them.

How do I know this?? My parents live in Arizona.

Time Zone confusion

AUTHOR: sep - (United States of America)

I am also a student at the University of Phoenix as is my husband. I can understand where you may be confused about the time zone issue. I was too until my sister moved to Arizona. It was then that I found out that Arizona does not recognize daylight savings time. I am also 2 hours ahead of Arizona right now. So when the time changes in the spring we are 2 hours ahead and when it changes in the fall we are 1 hour ahead. They don't alter the time zones. When you log in to the discussion section of your classes, the Arizona time is listed on the page.