• Report: #206428

• Submitted: Wed, August 16, 2006
  • Updated: Mon, August 21, 2006

• Reported By:Elizabethtown Kentucky
Axia College Of WIU - Apollo Group
3157 East Elwood Street Phoenix, Arizona U.S.A.

WIU - Appollo Group - Axia College Of WIU ripoff Phoenix Arizona

*Consumer Comment: Not always a problem

*Consumer Comment: Just starting U.O.P.

I have been a student with Western International Univasity Since 7/05. From the very beginning I was given the run around with my financial aide problems. I did not recieve my first dipersement til November 05. and another one in December 05. This was only after keeping on the college to do what they was suppose to do. Amanda -Belleview you are so right. My experiences sounded like yours. Emailing with questions sometimes is a waste of your time. This time my money was placed on hold because I failed my Algebra class. I still maintain a 3.0 grade.I asked for help to pass this grade.

I even asked for a hardcopy book. It was refused because of the online book that is offer by the college. Yes, this college guidelines for financial aid is different than a traditional college. I also question the fact that NLSDS records prove that a 2nd dispersement was done. Even if, there is a hold, the school should be reporting any receipt of money and appling it to a student account, right. Why is my showing that it never been received? This college also had held money on the account longer that they was suppose to. It is release after many phone calls. Aug, 15, 2006 I am leave from that college. I am looking for another one. I lost faith in this one.

Sharon
Elizabethtown, Kentucky

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/16/2006 02:31 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Axia-College-Of-WIU-Apollo-Group/Phoenix-Arizona-85034/WIU-Appollo-Group-Axia-College-Of-WIU-ripoff-Phoenix-Arizona-206428. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Axia College Of WIU - Apollo Group

Not always a problem

AUTHOR: Megan - (U.S.A.)

I am a sudent of Axia College now University of Pheonix and have been since September of 2005. I have not had many problems with my experience at this school. I think the biggest problem at Axia is the fact that they have such a high turn over rate. In the time I have been a student I have had four diffrent Finance Counslers and all but the first one have been helpful and easy to get ahold of. In my experience if there is a problem of this type it is not the colleges fault it is more the fault of the lender of your student loans. It is a stipulation on my student loans that i must pass my classes or they will no longer offer my loan to me and I am responsible to pay it back as soon as possible.

I have not had any problems with my academic counsler who has been with me since the begining maybe the writer should contact their academic counsler with this issues.

Just starting U.O.P.

AUTHOR: Lenora - (U.S.A.)

Hello,

My name is Lenora. I am just starting U.O.P. online. I begin classes this coming Monday, Aug. 21st. I feel very sorry for all of the people that have gotten ripped off by U.O.P. My sign up process including Financial Aid is going smoothly. The only thing I have to do now, is fax a couple of papers to the University, and I go on from there. I truly hope that I am not going to have any problems with this school. All I want is to further my education, and if they are doing what they are doing, and I found out about it, I'm am emmediately leaving U.O.P. I am not going to be ripped off again. I've been ripped off so many times before. I can't take it anymore. I'm sorry that you had a bad experience with U.O.P.

Lenora