Complaint Review: Axia College - University Of Phoenix

• Updated: Mon, August 31, 2009

• Reported By: Tom — Keizer Oregon USA
Axia College - University Of Phoenix
http://www.phoenix.edu/ Internet United States of America

Axia College - University Of Phoenix UoP Axia I completed my remaining 3 credits (120 total) and have been told that I must RE-ENTER the program and complete an additional 27 credits!! Keizer, Oregon

* : Office of Dispute Management

I am writing in regards to a re-enrollment policy that was recently put in place, that requires student to re-enroll into the latest version of the program if they have been out of the program for more than a 12 month period of time.

To give some background, I started the BSIT program at the University of Phoenix in 2002, and completed all 20 courses without absence through the 2-year program and was finished in 2004.  However, I had 2 credits of humanities left, and 1 credit of electives.

I understood the current contract that was in place at the time, that I was required to complete all the required credits within a 7 year period from the time I started the program, which was Sept. 24, 2002.

I recently completed the remaining 3 credits at Chemeketa Community College before the deadline of Sept. 24, 2009.  However, I have been told by my academic advisor that I am required to re-enroll into the latest version of the BSIT program, and that I am required to now take 27 additional credits before I can receive my diploma.  She was referring to a policy that was implemented in 2008.

I am trying to accomplish two things:

1. I would like to see a copy of the original policy that was in place in 2002 before the new policy was effective in 2008.
  2. I would like to dispute this ruling and have my 3 remaining credits transferred so that I will have fulfilled my 120 credits and receive my diploma.
Has anyone had this happen to them?  Do you have advise as to how I can obtain the original policy and dispute this problem?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/26/2009 04:17 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Axia-College-University-Of-Phoenix/internet/Axia-College-University-Of-Phoenix-UoP-Axia-I-completed-my-remaining-3-credits-120-tota-485743. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Axia College - University Of Phoenix

#1

Office of Dispute Management

AUTHOR: Uofphoenix - (U.S.A.)

I regret to hear you had a bad experience. The University of Phoenix has an office dedicated to hearing student complaints and doing their best to resolve them. If you would like the Office of Dispute Management to look into your issue, please contact us through any of the methods below:

Mailing address: Office of Dispute Management University of Phoenix 4615 E Elwood Street Mail Stop: AA-S401 Phoenix, AZ 85040 Email address: UofPhoenix@phoenix.edu Phone: 602-557-5566 Fax: 480-557-2275

Regards,

Libby Bailey, University Relations Administrator On behalf of University of Phoenix - Office of Dispute Management 4615 E. Elwood Street AA-S401 | Phoenix, AZ 85040 phone: 602-557-5566| fax: 480-557-2275 | email: UofPhoenix@phoenix.edu