Complaint Review: Axia Of University Of Phoenix ,University Of Phoenix, Apollo College, Axia University, Apollo Group

• Submitted: Mon, October 13, 2008
  • Updated: Wed, October 15, 2008

• Reported By:port jervis New York
3157 E. Elwood St Phoenix, Arizona U.S.A.

Axia Of University Of Phoenix ,University Of Phoenix, Apollo College, Axia University, Apollo Group) Scam Phoenix Arizona

*Consumer Suggestion: Pell

Attended Axia of University of Phoenix online from October 2007 until approx April 2008. After I dropped out, school has me marked down as withdrew status. Staff didnt follow Attendence proceedures as listed on website. After dropping out, I received a bill from Apollo Group for $124.50. I originall received moneys from the Pell Grant and through loans from Sallie Mae. I fell into income bracket in which I didnt have to pay out of pocket. I had to withdraw for working purposes and when I tried to have my matter resolved....to actually get enrolled....I started getting a run around for a week. Afterwards, I would constantly get voicemails and no return calls no matter whom or which department I tried to get in touch with.

After getting frustrated with this, I finally gave up on this school and decided to apply for a Degree withing the Ministry at Ohio Christian University. This is where my problem became know....I filed the shcool applications and FASFA and received letters from FASFA and others stating there was an overpayment on my Pell Grant. Now I have an overpayment on my Pell Grant and the $124.50 owed to Axia. I cant enroll in the other school of my choice until this matter gets resolved because I will not receive any financial aid. I also cant get my transcript from Axia because they wont allow me to do so over the computer, and I cant get no communication from a live person. I have 18 credits withing Axia and am not sure what to do. This is how I came to this website. When I typed in info about the college, I seen a lot of complaints listed and on this website I beleive it stated that there is over 300 complaints against this school. I even talked with advisors from other colleges and they all are aware of the University of Phoenix's problems and complaints. They told me that the average amount people owe...or so called owe I should say....is $1600. No wonder why angry former students are calling them a scam, and a rip off to put it nicely.

Please feel free to contact me with any comments, info about law suits, or anything else you may want to share. I wish the best to everyone in regards to their ow personal matters with this school.

mfama_2081
port jervis, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/13/2008 11:23 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Axia-Of-University-Of-Phoenix-University-Of-Phoenix-Apollo-College-Axia-University-Apollo-Group/Phoenix-Arizona-85034/Axia-Of-University-Of-Phoenix-University-Of-Phoenix-Apollo-College-Axia-University-Ap-380776. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Axia Of University Of Phoenix ,University Of Phoenix, Apollo College, Axia University, Apollo Group

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Pell

AUTHOR: Ted - (U.S.A.)

If you withdrew after recieveing your PELL dispersement, it is correct that you may have an over payment. As I understand it, every PELL dispersement would cover 2 blocks at AXIA or 12 credits. If you withdrew in between your blocks of classes, that may be a problem as you did not meet the required amount of credits for that dispersement.