Complaint Review: Axia Westsern Internation University - Phoenix University

• Submitted: Sun, October 22, 2006
  • Updated: Sun, October 22, 2006

• Reported By:west chester Ohio
Axia Westsern Internation University - Phoenix University
3157 E Elwood St Phoenix,, Arizona U.S.A.

Axia Western Internation University - Phoenix University ripoff dishonest Phoenix, Arizona

I was a student attneding Axia/Phoenix Univeristy and had many unresolved problems.

First of all, the school was overloaded with students and the server would be down most of the time. It was hard to post assignments on time which resulted in lower scores for late assignments.

Secondly, the employees didn't maintain the quality or job requirements to full fill the needs of students. The staff/employees were dishonest, unproffesional, and full of you know what. For example, when I transitioned to Phoenix University my trasition didn't go through; which resulted in my financial aid not going through. I had to contact the technical department to find out, because I wasn't contacted on either circumstance and the advisors/staff didn't know what happened.

Third, the staff would change positions within the company and not notify the students of any changed within the school or with their financial obligations. You would think they would notify students of all changes reguarding financial obligations and change in advisors.

Of course, this made me weary of the school, so I looked into a community college in my area. I decided to withdraw from the school and that is where it was the most complicated. I called my new acidemic counselor and financial councelor to advise them and get the information I needed to make the withdraw official. I advised my acidemic counselor. My request was not given.

So I called again to make sure he withdrew me. To say the least I called almost every day for several weeks. I had also called the technical department and emailed several times, no response or resolution. I requested this information on September 3rd. It took the school 20 days to withdraw my courses.

By this time, I was charged for dropping the courses, even though I had only made 1 or two posts the first week of the second transition.

To say the least, this upset me because I couldn't enroll into my new school and had to put them off until the last minute. Even though I was withdrawn from my courses Phoenix University still had me as in school student. I had already called for several weeks and asked for withdraw form as you can't withdraw online, funny since you can get enrolled online.

It took until October to get my exit interview. Moreover, I had to threaten them with BBB and the General Attorney just to a half way done resolution. I gave my new school the information to send to Axia/Phoenix and a few days later I get back a letter response stating denied, because I was still enrolled to Phoenix. I mailed the exit interview ove a week in a half ago.

To top it all off, I know am recieving emails stating I owe a balance and the school is turning me into collections. Mind you they still haven't officially withdrawn me! I didn't think that was possible un til I officially withdrew. In all seriousness, my account is not seriously deliqient enough for them to even threaten collections. I just learned of the balance three weeks ago. Also have heard nothing back from the exit interview. I still have yet to resolve my issue with deferement or withdrawl.

Perosnally, I feel they have deliberatley held me back from withdrawing from their schoool and want to deny form succeeding and continuing my education elsewhere. I have since contacted the financial counselor about payment installments via email. She only responds with information thrteating collections. I can only respond via email and leave voice mails because of the time difference, work, and school.

Over all my experience with the employees at Axia/Phoenix has been unpleasant, aggrivating, unprofessional, unorganized, and deceiptful/ dishonest. I would not recomend online education at these schools. Beware they have many branches of smaller schools connected! I would recommend checking the BBB also as they reports under different branches Axia/Phoenix/Colorado/Appollo Group and who knows how many more. I wish done my homework on them prior to enrollment and I might have saved myself the aggrivation.

Melissa
west chester, Ohio

STOP! ..before you think about using the Better Business Bureau (BBB)... CLICK HERE to see how other consumers were victimized by the BBB's false or misleading information. Don't be fooled! It has been reported, when there are thousands of complaints and other investigations underway by authorities, the BBB has no choice but to finally give an UNsatisfactory rating to a BBB member business that is paying the BBB big membership fees every year. When a business is reported that is NOT a BBB member, BBB files WILL more likely show an UNsatisfactory rating, then reportedly shake down that company to become a member of the BBB. One positive thing about the BBB is, either way, if a business has an unsatisfactory rating with the BBB, you can be sure, the business is bad. But what about all those BBB member businesses that had complaints filed against them? Consumers never get to hear about them. What about the BBB advertising to the public? Is this a false and misleading perception they are giving about consumer confidence when dealing with a business? Click here to understand more of what consumers and business alike are saying about the BBB. You decide. ..Remember. The BBB membership is not earned, it's paid for!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/22/2006 09:41 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Axia-Westsern-Internation-University-Phoenix-University/Phoenix-Arizona-85034/Axia-Western-Internation-University-Phoenix-University-ripoff-dishonest-Phoenix-Arizon-217137. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Axia Westsern Internation University - Phoenix University