Complaint Review: Axsys - fingerhut - jefferson Capital - Island National Group

• Submitted: Wed, January 24, 2007
  • Updated: Wed, January 24, 2007

• Reported By:prattville Alabama
Axsys - fingerhut - jefferson Capital - Island National Group
16 Mcleland Rd Saint Cloud, Minnesota U.S.A.

Axsys - fingerhut - jefferson Capital - Island National Group reported three times but cannot reach anyone! ripoff Saint Cloud Minnesota

*Author of original report: disputed by phone

*Consumer Suggestion: Use Dispute Option

hello all. i recentlly pulled my credit report because i could not get approved for credit and i could not figure out why. i had an account with fingerhut back in 1994, i did not pay them because the stuff was returned to them (they sent it twice and i paid for it once)

well it shows on there that it was opened in 03/2000 closed in 08/2001 not true, remarks: account closed by credit grantor. then it shows it was reported by jefferson capital aka compucre date opened n/a date reported 09/2004, actual payment amount $0. charge off amount $0. and it is reported a third time at island national group, no date opned but date updated 01/2007

can you please shed some light on this, how can i own 3 different creditors the same ammount when it was returned and they dont even have the day that i actually ordered the stuff right. any information you give is greatly appricated!

Teresa
prattville, Alabama

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/24/2007 07:30 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Axsys-fingerhut-jefferson-Capital-Island-National-Group/Saint-Cloud-Minnesota-56303/Axsys-fingerhut-jefferson-Capital-Island-National-Group-reported-three-times-but-can-232370. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Axsys - fingerhut - jefferson Capital - Island National Group

disputed by phone

AUTHOR: Teresa - (U.S.A.)

i was finally able to reach someone at fingerhut and the lady assured me that this will be taken off of my credit report within 24 hours, she faxed me a copy of the old account that was closed in 04/94 i also found out that it was once again sold to another creditor pallino (rgm also), i called them ,told them about the closing date and that fingerhut was closing the account i had with them and is going to remove it from my credit, after about 5 min. of being on hold, bill (man on the phone) assured me that not only would he make sure that island national and jefferson capital would remove there crap from my report but that pallino would not be prosuing a collection. i told him that i needed to have something in writting from him stating that and he aggreed to mail me a letter and he gave me a conformation number........ok now in your oponion are they going to go threw with what they told me or was it just crap to get my new address?

#2 Consumer Suggestion

AUTHOR: Patty - (U.S.A.)

On your credit report, there is an area that explains the way to dispute an entry on your credit report. USE IT!!! IMMEDIATELY!!. I have had to use it 3 times in my adult life and all three times the entry was removed. When you dispute the entry, the credit bureau contacts the company that placed the entry. They have to then prove it is an active debt within so many days or the credit bureau removes it from your credit report. One of mine was, in fact, Fingerhut / Axis. I did have an account, once, about 10 years ago. Suddenly it appeared on my credit report. I disputed it and it was removed. I also had my bank report my credit card twice which made me look like a credit risk. I disputed it and the second entry was removed.

#3 Consumer Suggestion