Complaint Review: Aztec Ptoperty Inspection

• Submitted: Fri, February 24, 2012
  • Updated: Sun, February 17, 2013

• Reported By: Reggie Martin — san diego California United States of America
Aztec Ptoperty Inspection
3655 cowley Way San Diego Ca 92117 San Diego, California United States of America

Aztec Ptoperty Inspection Chris Magill Scam Artist, Un Liscensed Contract Check with CA Contractor Board PROOF! Do not use for home inspections NO Ethics! San Diego, California

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Aztec Rebuttal

Do not use this Company. Chris manufactured false statements concerining my home. When i asked him what he was talking about he became very defensive. He is very aggressive and unprofessional. He also will quote you a low price and invoice you for 350.00 instead of the 240.00 original quote. After arguing with him on his list he became very combative and shook a large flashlight at my face. As an individual who has been an electrician for 35 years take it from me all he is doing is trying to make items up so he can sell you on his other contractor services to fix the items in question. He wants to double dip by mis informing the customer. I needed this inspection in order to sell my house and because of this i was forced into foreclosure. I am now in a motel on a weekly basis until i can find me and my dog a home. Do not use this peron please people spread the word he is a bad person.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/24/2012 05:58 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Aztec-Ptoperty-Inspection/San-Diego-California-92117/Aztec-Ptoperty-Inspection-Chris-Magill-Scam-Artist-Un-Liscensed-Contract-Check-with-CA-Co-844287. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Aztec Ptoperty Inspection

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Aztec Rebuttal

AUTHOR: Chris Magill - (United States of America)

This is absolute slander. This guy is a disgruntled seller and was not my client. He has never been a customer of mine and has never seen the service that I provide.  I told my client (the buyer) all the issues with the property this guy was selling and the potential buyer eventually decided not to buy the property. My job is to protect the interests of my clients and let them know what they are getting themselves into. This guy showed up for the last 5 minutes of the inspection and the buyer's real estate agent basically told him that his house was garbage (her words not mine) so he came out me in a very confrontational way.  I was not aggressive or unprofessional. I went inside after our initial run in with my flashlight out with the intent of showing him some of my findings and we had a heated conversation. This was in front of the agent, my employee and the potential buyer. Never once did I get unprofessional nor did I mean to scare him. My flashlight is very small and I never shook it at him much less towards his face. I'm 42 years old family man and have never been in a fight in my life.

My client loved me and wrote a great review of my service on yelp. This guy immediately went on yelp and trashed me.  That posting got pulled off because he was never my client and even said it in his post (like in the post). For the same reason and many more I expect this posting to get pulled down. The crazy thing about this post is that here he posted his 2 cents and then added any negative thing he could find on our 125 yelp reviews.  I'm going on my 10th year in business and have not worked on a house since I started this business (too busy) much less any of the houses that I have inspected. This is strictly prohibited by the code on ethics of my professional organization. A contracting license is not required by the State or my professional organization for home inspection which is why I've let my license lapse. There are no requirements for home inspection.

We have great reviews all over the internet and are currently #1 on yelp. We have a 5 star rating on yahoo, google, kudzu and many other sites.  We pride ourselves in offering the best inspections and service possible. This is total crazy town.  This guy living in a motel and going through a foreclosure has nothing to do with me doing my job.  Please take this slander down!