Complaint Review: B-Line Marketing - CV Marketing

• Submitted: Wed, November 11, 2009
  • Updated: Wed, December 15, 2010

• Reported By: total — Powder Springs Georgia U.S.A.
B-Line Marketing - CV Marketing
1775 The Exchange Atlanta, GA 30339 suite 100 Atlanta, Georgia United States of America

B-Line Marketing - CV Marketing B-line Marketing, Strictly Inc. Supposed Sports and Entertainment Marketing Firm Atlanta, Georgia

*Consumer Suggestion: You Gotta Be Kidding

*General Comment: Everyone with a resume qualifies

*Consumer Comment: Pleasantly Surprised

Someone named Jessica Seamon contacted me by email saying she compared my resume with others and felt I was qualified for the position they were hiring for. The email never mentioned what I would be doing. I looked up the company here on Ripoff Report and found nothing under the name Strictly Inc. but I did find CV Marketing which had the same address and telephone number as Strictly Inc. This let me know that they just changed their name. Must be a scam. You should avoid these clowns.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/11/2009 03:58 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/B-Line-Marketing-CV-Marketing/Atlanta-Georgia-30339/B-Line-Marketing-CV-Marketing-B-line-Marketing-Strictly-Inc-Supposed-Sports-and-Entert-522669. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on B-Line Marketing - CV Marketing

#1 Consumer Suggestion

You Gotta Be Kidding

AUTHOR: John - (U.S.A.)

Just had to do a reverse lookup on the street address. It's a 'virtual office' setup. No real people in corporate offices, just the illusion. They have a greeter in the lobby to receive mail and packages and answer the phone. Conference rooms and offices can be rented by the hour if needed. Very smooth.

#2 General Comment

Everyone with a resume qualifies

AUTHOR: loli - (United States of America)

I did a lot of research before I interviewed and found that it is not a 'scam' per-se.  Strictly, Inc. is a legitimate company that has real clients (the Braves is their major client) and gives distributors (aka employees) opportunities to move up the corporate ladder so that they can either run their own office or move on to a job outside their company with experience in sales and management. You WILL NOT get a job in marketing without getting your feet wet in sales.  I went on the second interview, knowing what it was.  The money is 100% commission: 'you eat what you kill' is what my trainer told me.  FanTASTIC! You can make $600+ a week! EASY! If you just have the motivation and the comfortable shoes to do it. It's a lot better than waiting tables, I figured, you get to meet a TON of people and you can really have fun! IF you're a people person. Otherwise, you'll be miserable. Your 'coworkers' (you're an independent contractor) are a ton of fun, always up for friendly competition, and willing to help every step of the way.  They're super friendly, but don't expect them to really give a crap about you. It's a selfish business. If it's not making YOU money, who cares about the details? So I took the job and had a ton of fun and it was a great challenge.

YES you ARE soliciting
YES you will be escorted out of buildings/parking lots/ etc.
YES people WILL surprise you (many doors with 'no soliciting' signs were the most enthusiastic about our product once you got through the 'guard dog').
YES you'll get to learn how to get a sale without being the sleezy 'used car salesman'.

It was a FANTASTIC learning experience. If you can get over being a business to business sales person (which only lasts a few weeks, you determine how fast YOU move up), you're good to go. Most of the people employed that I talked to is that once you get that cash in your pocket, those endorphines from making people happy you gave them a great product at such a deal, you get over the whole 'I'm a solicitor' stigma.

Pleasantly Surprised

AUTHOR: BJK - (United States of America)

I recently looked up information on the same company because I was going to purchase some products from them.  I was told by a friend that they did marketing for sports team, and vacations, as well as spas and thought I would check it out!   I was excited because my friend said he was able to buy his wife a number of great things from them for her birthday!  But I still wanted to check them out for myself!  U never know there are soooo many scams out there!

So I did, and I have to tell you I was pleasantly surprised!  They are a company that took the time to speak with me and go over all of the details of each promotion we talked about.  I also learned that they have been a long standing representative of the Atlanta Braves, the Atlanta Hawks and the Thrashers.  So I plan on utilizing those packages as well in the future!

Too bad the person above didn't take the time to get to know the company!  I thought the customer service was great and personable.  So many times people report the negative press on a company and  they forget the positive.  There are good people out there representing great clients.   Thumbs up from me and I will continue to use their services.