Complaint Review: B R*CIGARREST

• Submitted: Thu, October 05, 2006
  • Updated: Tue, May 22, 2007

• Reported By:Dewey Arizona
B R*CIGARREST
170 Eucalptus Av. Vista, California U.S.A.

B R*CIGARREST ripoff full of TRICKS and they are THIEVES! IS THIS HOW THEY STAYED IN BUSINESS FOR SO LONG? Vista California

*Author of original report: B R Cigarrest refund but......

I too got caught up in this web of deception. I wanted to quit smoking and the ad was from a long standing co,(ha!) The pay only shipping @ $6.95, I could get a 30 day supply.

Well, it seems they lied--rec'd a 90 day supply. Tried again and again to get to talk with a real person. Nice system they have there.

I received my credit card statement and on it is a charge for $99.85! from cigarrest. I was fuming! After looking on the net , I foung this site. Wish I knew about it before.

I was not waiting to get in touch with a real person at cigarrest, so I returned the box of 90day stuff back to them first thing in a.m. Finally got a real "CSR" and she told me she saw that all future shipments were cancelled by me. Before I found this site and read all the other reports, I did not even know there were to be future shipments! and the box I mailed will be returned because I did not call first!

CSR told me I that I knew what I signed up for, and there will be no refund. To every question, she repeated that I knew what I signed up for. I could have slapped her! Asked her how she could work for such a fraudulent company and she said this company has been in business a long time! They're making a lot of money from us thru deception; how can they be stopped?

My cc Dispute Dept was not aware of this company but they know about others and are VERY aware of this site. I'm hoping that my visa co. can help because Cigarrest has just made another charge of $99.85 to the credit card! and now I am overlimit 2x.
Someone has to put a stop to this and soon.

P. M.
Dewey, Arizona

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/05/2006 10:42 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/B-RCIGARREST/Vista-California-02084/B-RCIGARREST-ripoff-full-of-TRICKS-and-they-are-THIEVES-IS-THIS-HOW-THEY-STAYED-IN-BUS-214462. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on B R*CIGARREST

B R Cigarrest refund but......

AUTHOR: P. m. - (U.S.A.)

sorry this took so long to post. With the help of my cc company I received my full refund but this took 3 months and quite a bit of time and money for faxes. Even tho I received all the money back from Cigarrest, my cc co. ended up charging me over-limit fees until it got the refund; then I had to go back and forth with my cc co. to get those charges refunded. After all that, my cc co. made a mistake of refunding an amount twice; more over-limit fees & more phone calls.

Everyday I see the Cigarrest commercial on tv on a certain channel, at the same time every afternoon around 4 p.m. and it brings up angry reminders and it makes me want to scream!
But, I did get my money back minus fax fees. So I guess I'm satisfied, but not happy about this company still doing their sneaky business.