Complaint Review: BALLY TOTAL FITNESS

• Updated: Tue, January 19, 2010

• Reported By: mike — Frederick Oklahoma United States of America
BALLY TOTAL FITNESS
north accademy Colorado springs, Colorado United States of America

BALLY TOTAL FITNESS Individual preesured sign up and gave me lots of vitamins I told him I was moving in a month and he said as long as I was within 50 miles from another Bally's call him and he would cancell membership Colorado springs, Colorado

I became a member of Bally back in 2001 after being pressured to sign up like lion pouncing on prey I felt obligated to sign up after all the vitamins and free stuff that was thrown at me. I told the manager that in a month I was moving to a different state and that I only needed to be a member until I moved. He explained that there would be no problem all I had to do was call him and let him know where I was moving and to send a letter explaining situation. I did exactly that I wrote a letter and delivered it in person on my last day at the gym. The manager told me that he would take care of it. I them moved to Stillwater Ok. and the nearest bally was in deed more that 50 miles away yet I continued getting billed for the membership. After many calls and attempts to contact the manager that was to my knowledge fired for unknown circumstances. the bills quit coming and I figured the finally took care of the situation. Little did I know 8 years later I get a bill saying I owe $2485.12 for back membership fees from a place called Asset Acceptance, LLC 1-866-369-9457 Ext 0. When I called the individual he told me that if I don't take this 70% off discount and pay $745.54 with my income tax that he could garnish it. Can this be done? I don't understand why this is just knbow coming up and what I should do about it PLEASE HELP!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/19/2010 11:11 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/BALLY-TOTAL-FITNESS/Colorado-springs-Colorado-27320/BALLY-TOTAL-FITNESS-Individual-preesured-sign-up-and-gave-me-lots-of-vitamins-I-told-him-556741. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on BALLY TOTAL FITNESS