Complaint Review: BALST FITNESS

• Reported By: Esther — Houston Texas
BALST FITNESS
NO ADDRESS Internet United States of America

BALST FITNESS Fitness Contract Scammer , Internet

I was a former member of Bally Fitness, however, I wrote to Bally fitness to cancel my contract one year into the contract.  I stopped being a member for one year with Bally fitness.  Then over one year into the cancellation, Bally fitness was having a special that stated you do not have to be on contract with one year one time payment for access to use their facilities. I paid for the one year usage up-front with my bank card.  Three months into the payment, Bally sold their business to Blast Fitness.  Blast fitness then abruptly closed the nearest location to me without notice  to the users in July of 2012.  So I accepted this as my loss and stopped going to any other location in my city.

To my surprise in February of this year, Blast Fitness made an astronomical deduction from my bank account.  When I contacted them, I was transferred from one person to the other and kept on the phone for more than one hour.  They referred to the old contract that had been cancelled with Bally and stated that the deduction from my bank account for $158:00 was a membership fee that was due.  All effort to make them realize that I did not have a contract even with Bally Fitness was fruitless.  As a matter of fact, they said they will contact me with their findings but never did.  So I called my bank who gave temporary refund of the $158:00 pending investigation.  My bank came back and deducted my account again for the $158:00 apparently either because they could not get a response from Blast Fitness or because Blast Fitness is still presenting them with false information.  I am prepared to take this company to the court for fraudulent practices if I can get others that will join with me in a class action.

Thank You.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/16/2013 08:14 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/BALST-FITNESS/internet/BALST-FITNESS-Fitness-Contract-Scammer-Internet-1043634. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on BALST FITNESS