Complaint Review: BANK OF AMERICA

• Submitted: Wed, August 01, 2007
  • Updated: Sat, September 01, 2007

• Reported By:Charlotte North Carolina
BANK OF AMERICA
NORTH TRYON Nationwide U.S.A.
  • Phone:
  • Web:
  • Category: Banks

BANK OF AMERICA RIPOFF SCAM OVER DRAFT FEES! WATCH OUT ALL LOCATIONS Nationwide

*Author of original report: OVERAGE CHARGES ARE EXCESSIVE- DO NOT OPEN AN ACCOUNT WITH BOA

*Consumer Comment: Fees Posting Before Transactions!

*Consumer Comment: It's not misleading.

*Author of original report: THIS POST IS TO WARN PEOPLE ABOUT HOW BANK OF AMERICA CONDUCTS ITS BUSINESS

*Author of original report: MISLEADS YOU WITH ON-LINE BANKING

*Consumer Comment: Not Relevant

*Consumer Comment: What is a condensing comment?

*Author of original report: YOU KEEP REPEATING THE SAME CONDENSING COMMENTS

*Consumer Suggestion: it is up to you to manage your spending

*Consumer Comment: Question of what is FAIR to charge for overdraft...!

*Consumer Comment: ATM Deposits

*Author of original report: MIKE IS RIGHT, BOA POSTS DEBITS AND CREDITS TO TAKE ADVANTAGE OF CONSUMERS

*Consumer Comment: Mike - Robert is Right

*Consumer Comment: Robert of Connecticut is an *&*&!

*Consumer Comment: Mike, it does matter how you make the deposit.

*Consumer Comment: Posting withdrawals before deposits works in B of A's favor!!

*Consumer Comment: That's Your Best Move!

*Author of original report: I closed my account

*Consumer Comment: Not BOA employee

*Author of original report: MONEY WAS AVAILABLE UNTIL THEY STOLE IT!

*Consumer Comment: I did read what you wrote

*Author of original report: POSTING ORDER IS VERY! RELEVANT

*Consumer Suggestion: MC, the posting order is IRRELEVANT!!

*Author of original report: To anyone who thinks that BOA is not stealing

*Author of original report: Read what I wrote before you comment

*Consumer Comment: Keeping a check register

Bank of America will hold your ATM transactions until its posts its bank charges, then it will post your transactions so your account goes into overdraft.

BE CAREFUL. Any attorney that is ready to take them on, please let me know.

Mc
Charlotte, North Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/01/2007 03:43 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/BANK-OF-AMERICA/nationwide/BANK-OF-AMERICA-RIPOFF-SCAM-OVER-DRAFT-FEES-WATCH-OUT-ALL-LOCATIONS-Nationwide-264633. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on BANK OF AMERICA

OVERAGE CHARGES ARE EXCESSIVE- DO NOT OPEN AN ACCOUNT WITH BOA

AUTHOR: Mc - (U.S.A.)

Please read through threads, you will see that any rebuttals on this are just a bunch of people trying to tell the THOUSANDS UPON THOUSANDS of BofA former customers that they do not know how to manage their money. THIS IS NOT TRUE. Bank of America wants you to overdraft and will doing everything they leaglly can to put you there.

IF YOU WANT TO HAVE A GOOD BANKING RELATIONSIP- GO TO A BANK THAT IS NOT AFFILIATED WIHT ABNK OF AMERICA

Fees Posting Before Transactions!

AUTHOR: Edward - (U.S.A.)

Mc, I'm truly sorry for you......not only for being wronged by the bank but also because you must be exhuasted trying to hammer home your point that these bank supporters never seem to get. Or at least they never address the issue directly.

Ten years I was with BofA before switching. In my ten years, all FEES always posted last after real transactions. Let's say I overdrew my account on Monday, clearly my fault. On Tuesday I expect an overdraft fee. No problem. But on Tuesday the overdraft fee should be the last item that posts to my account.

As the bank posts my transactions Tuesday night, the balance dwindles down to $10.00, all transactions have cleared. Then they post the final item, the $35.00 overdraft fee. My ending balance is now $-25.00 overdrawn. Again no problem, my account is overdrawn but I can make a deposit to bring it positive with NO ADDITIONAL FEE!

But! If the bank posts the overdraft fee first causing the account to go negative, then they post a transaction after it, the result is obvious. Now they can charge me for ANOTHER overdraft fee, in addtion to the first one. They couldn't do this in the first example.

I'm no genious but I think this is Mc's complaint. Please stick to the issue in your responses and save the generic answers. Also before anyone tries to respond that banks can post in any order they choose and some banks do post fees first. I understand this. I'm speaking from my perspective. If I've gotten used to my bank, BofA posting fees LAST for over 10 years, I have a right to be upset when all of a sudden they post a fee first one day without warning and then I have to pay additional fees because of it. That's the ripoff!

It's not misleading.

AUTHOR: Duane - (U.S.A.)

It is printed in your account agreement. Try reading it.

If someone tells you that they can slap you in the head whenever they feel like, and you agree to this, well, then you cannot complain when they actually slap you in the head.

If you are using an ATM that is not a BoA ATM, the transactions do not neccessarily post the same as if you would have used a BoA ATM. The ATM will also state what fee is being cherged by the "foreign" ATM. If you use a "foreign" ATM, BoA will charge you to do so - read it in your account agreement.

In your OP, you admit you did not have enough money to cover all charges. Take responsibility for your own actions.

THIS POST IS TO WARN PEOPLE ABOUT HOW BANK OF AMERICA CONDUCTS ITS BUSINESS

AUTHOR: Mc - (U.S.A.)

To all of those who keep typing in the CANNED REBUTTLES

Stop posting comments on this report or the thousands of other reports about Bank of America. Stop telling grown adults how to manage bank accounts that most people learned in the 4th grade. This website is here to INFORM people of businesses that MISLEAD, MISREPRESENT OR RIP PEOPLE OFF. All of the rebuttles keep telling people what they are doing wrong. It is ALL IRRELEVANT. The fact is that Bank of America has excessive overage fees that are charged to consumers by manipulating accounts.

No one on here needs your advise on how to manage their bank account. Go give a financing seminar if you want to hear yourself talk and tell it to someone who wants to hear it. .

MISLEADS YOU WITH ON-LINE BANKING

AUTHOR: Mc - (U.S.A.)

Keep posting rebutters, I will come back every time! Again, you are saying the same thing and again I am explaining to you that BANK OF SCAMERICA uses every legal way they possibly to mislead people to overdraw on their account so they can charge the most outrageous bank fees.

I am well aware that they are allowed to post whatever the hell they want to on the internet. I very stupidly assumed I could rely on there posts because I never have been ripped off by any other bank in this manner. I actually have the email advertisement stating that they ENCOURAGE you to use on-line banking to verify your balance. They rely on the fact that you will forget to write something down.

As for me, I messed up due to the "keep your change" and a 65 cent overdraft and a 22 cent overdraft turned into a $70.00 bank charge. Of course, I know I should not keep my checking balance that low. I am not placing the blame for my stupidity on anyone.

Bank of America is run by the lowest of lows. The ones that will suck every single dollar they can. The ones that take advantage of the people who may not be in position to keep a cushion, or who may not know or realize that they are legally allowed to screw you. BE proud rebutters, what a fantastic organization you are defending. Be Proud and hold your heads up. Look inthe eyes of the next mother with 4 children in the grocery store, trying depserately to stay on a budget and be proud of yourselves for defending an organization that actually markets themselves to that mother so she can pay for their next golf round with the overdraft fees they SUCKED out of her account.

As for floating, I have no idea what that means, I have banked with the same bank for the last 20 years and never ever had a problem with overdraft fees. I unfortunately took the bait that Bank of America put out and I was scammed. Just like all the other people they do it to.

note- I meant to use the word CONDESCENDING. I typed to fast and spell check did not pick up what I was trying to say. I stand corrected.

Not Relevant

AUTHOR: Jim - (U.S.A.)

Mc, nothing from your last rebuttal was relevant. The only facts are that you overdrew your account and that happens to people who generally:

1. Have insufficient funds in their account
2. Don't know they have insufficient funds in their account
3. Don't manage their accounts

Having a checking account for as long as you have means nothing if you can't manage the account. If you don't believe me, then please find yourself a lawyer, buy an hour of time, tell him/her your story, and then you'll find him/her will tell you exactly what we have been telling you. When you opened the account, you agreed to their T&C's and those T&C's aren't different than at any other major bank. On the other hand, the lawyer you consult with probably also works for BOFA.....in your eyes.

Do I like BOFA? NO, I do not bank with them, nor would I - but for reasons other than the NSF issues. As much as I don't like BOFA, I think your entire story is not something BOFA did. It's what you did - you can't play the float game with the bank and expect to win every time. When you lose that game, it will cost you $$ and that's the bottom line. Stop depending on bank balances coming out of ATM's and balances you see online. They are false balances. Depend ONLY on the balance in your checkbook, and take into account your checks will post before any deposits will - that is what you agreed to when you opened the account and what every major bank in this country does. If you do those things, you will never bounce a check.

What is a condensing comment?

AUTHOR: Mark - (U.S.A.)

Even if you leave BofA you will have the same problems if you don't keep accurate records. I had these problems shortly right after I went out on my own, and paid quite a few fees myself. However, now I keep an up to date record and make sure I am in balance with the bank I am with (not BofA - I agree they are bad).

Bottom line - always know what your true account balance is - not what is printed on an ATM receipt - and you will be fine.

YOU KEEP REPEATING THE SAME CONDENSING COMMENTS

AUTHOR: Mc - (U.S.A.)

Here we go again. You must work for the bank or are part of the damage control for B of A because, you keep saying the same thing. The FACTS are. I have had a bank account for 35 years. I have NEVER EVER had a problem with OVERDRAFT FEES- Until I opened an account at Bank of America 2 months ago.

BANK OF AMERICA has very horrible people running the bank. They use every available loophole and banking law to legally charge the most outrageous fees in the entire banking industry.

This post is to serve as a warning to anyone who wants to do business with BANK OF AMERICA. So far NO ONE who has posted a rebuttle denies the fact that SCAMERICA DOES THIS. They just try to post condensing comments to anyone who states that it was done to them. Telling them they they are not managing their money properly. NOT TRUE AK'S. Like I said, 35 YEARS, NO FEES UNTIL I OPENED A B OF A ACCOUNT.

So, to all of the "people" who are posting ridiculous rebuttles, telling scam victims to "manage their money". What is wrong with you, you are not talking to 12 year olds. There are THOUSANDS UPON THOUSANDS of postings against this Bank. No other Bank has as many dissatisfied customers who have felt "robbed". Bank of America leads the pact.

and.. to the people who are making money from the scam charges that BANK OF AMERICA charges people. If you have a moment to come off the golf course and stop laughing at all of the fools like myself who have fallen for your scam, maybe you could take some of the posts in here and do something about it. Maybe one of you a conscience.

#9 Consumer Suggestion

it is up to you to manage your spending

AUTHOR: Mpw55337 - (U.S.A.)

I have had several issues with my bank (not BOA) and over years they have made quite a bit of money off of me from NSF fees. Heres the deal. The bank is a business as any other and the point is to profit! Every company uses tactics to lure and capture. From beyond belief promotions to the cute sales rep with the crest smile. A company will use any tactics to boost profit.

A lot of you who complain may get refunds and maybe not but I have been there and it's not worth the stress, anger, and anxiety you go through with the bank because it usually takes long phone conversations and faxes to clear up.

The solution..Keep a log of your every purchase(including atm fees). Round all of your purchases to the next dollar whether or not you have keep the change service. In rare situations where it is a must and you overdraft , do so, pay the fees and chop it up as a loss. A bank is a complimentary service so to say for a lot of people and you can actually profit from them.

As I have posted before, stop depending on banks and other companies to keep track of your usage and spending. Remember they are not there to help you they are there to profit. Be the smarter consumer and profit from the bank. It is possible by opening certain accounts with interest and not incurring any NSF fees.

Lets stop making the bank rich and at the same time stressing ourselves out. We will lose either way there are no winners in these situations. You will either lose completely or get back whats yours through a stressful fight.

P.S. I am not someone with large amounts of money saved up where I can just charge with no worries(exact opposite)

Question of what is FAIR to charge for overdraft...!

AUTHOR: Mike - (U.S.A.)

B of A showed my account as being credited immediately so I thought it was there were funds there. I had NO REASON to believe otherwise. I asked for my balance as soon as I put the money in the ATM machine and it showed my balance with the 20. Later they tell you it isn't and "you should know better". Now I know this is a ploy used by B of A to fool you so you inadvertently cause overdraw and they can charge their outrageous overdraft fees.

Not only that but the customer service rep at their 800 line was an unsympathetic B*T**!

ATM Deposits

AUTHOR: Edward - (U.S.A.)

During the ten years I banked with BofA before switching, I ALWAYS used the ATM to make my deposits. Whenever I made a deposit at the ATM during business hours before the cutoff time, it ALWAYS posted the same day. Whenever I made a depost at the ATM after the cutoff time on weekdays or on a weekend, it ALWAYS posted on Monday. This was true whether it was cash or check in all cases. Not once did I have a weekend deposit post on a Tuesday.

To me this can be cleared up by going to the ole Handy Dandy Terms and Conditions that many bank supporters preach to consumers. If the Terms and Conditions state that ATM deposits are posted the "NEXT BUSINESS DAY" when made after the cutoff time or after normal banking hours, then that should mean MONDAY for weekend deposits, because Monday is the next business day. There is no gray area, excetions, if's and's or but's, if they're not specifically mentioned in the Terms and Conditions.

MIKE IS RIGHT, BOA POSTS DEBITS AND CREDITS TO TAKE ADVANTAGE OF CONSUMERS

AUTHOR: Mc - (U.S.A.)

No matter how many posts the "damage control" people try to make they cannot explain one thing. If you are a consumer that is not advantaged enough to keep a very large cushion of a balance in your bank account, the bank will use that fact to its advantage and nickel and dime you for every fee they can get away with. They do this by moving our deposit dates as far as they can legally get away. They also neglect to include all of your transactions on the on-line statements in attempts to get you to slip up.

People who say that you should keep a larger balance in you account are correct. It is unfortunate that myself and many other consumers do not have that ability and are just trying to get by as best we can. I have another account and I bank with a fantastic bank that has never done to me what BOA has done to me. I also have never had an overdraft issue until I opened a BOA account. The only reason I opended the account was to take advantage of a dividend miles offer. It was a huge mistake, I should have listened to all of the other RipOff reports before I opened an account with BOA.

Keep posting rebuttles. You are not fooling anyone and you certainly are not helping BOA look better. They have already done too much damage to themselves.

AUTHOR: Jim - (U.S.A.)

You might not like it - but he's right. I have had a similar situation happen with another bank (I don't bank at BofA) and cash deposited to the ATM over a weekend wasn't posted until that Tuesday. ATM's are certainly a convenience for the customer so they don't wait in teller lines, but if you run thin on a balance, it can have posting consequences you aren't prepared for.

AUTHOR: Jim - (U.S.A.)

Robert of Connecticut is an *&*&!

AUTHOR: Mike - (U.S.A.)

Does this individual work for B of A doing damage control? He feels a need to respond to each and every complaint.

Robert, are you learning impaired? Read my comments again: B of A DID NOT credit my account until TUESDAY--not MONDAY evening. This was due to the fact my account was located in Washington and I made the deposit in California. Yes, I made the deposit via ATM and purchased a $2.50 latte at Starbucks the next day. So they used MONDAY as the "first" entire business day, discounting Saturday because they don't consider that a business day, though the B of A banks in California are OPEN until 1:00 Saturday and THEY DO process incoming debits!!

The plain fact is the money was deposited Saturday during banking hours and so my Sunday purchase should not have bounced! After I deposited the money, I requested my balance from the ATM and it showed I had a balance of $20.00.

There is a question of fairness here which you ignored...I do now realize that cash must be deposited INSIDE to be credited immediately to my account. However, I expected that to be credited Monday, not Tuesday!!

Why don't you get a life, Robert? You are neither objective nor are you helping the bank's image here...

Mike, it does matter how you make the deposit.

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

If you had made the deposit with a teller, the cash would have been credited. The teller can see that the deposit is physically cash and can process it as such.

It only stands to reason that an ATM has no way of knowing if your deposit is cash, check, IOU or an empty envelope. Since the machine would not be opened and counted until the next busines day (in your case Monday PM) the deposit could not possibly be credited until Tuesday at the earliest.

Posting withdrawals before deposits works in B of A's favor!!

To Mike:

I lived in California but had a B of A account in Washington state which I used because when I opened it, I opened it as a student account and there would be no bank fees attached to it for several years.

Last November, I deposited $20.00 *cash* into my account via ATM machine in California for my Washington account...I deposited the money 10:00 am on a Saturday morning.The following Monday I purchased a $2.50 latte at Starbuck's...then made several small purchases that day. Two weeks later I was notified of four overdraft charges credited to my account for ISF. They did not credit the $20.00 cash until Tuesday evening!! I phoned the B of A customer service line and I was told this was because they need one full business day and they don't consider Saturday a business day. They said if I had gone INTO the bank instead of using the ATM machine, the money would've been credited to my account immediately. I didn't know this at the time. That overdraft fee caused me to bounce several other small purchases I had made with the ATM card. I argued with them and they only reversed one overdraft fee, though that one fee caused me to bounce the rest ("dominoe" effect).

A very unpleasant and condescending customer service agent informed me that if I had looked at the back of my ATM receipt it would've indicated the date and time it would be credited. I did but there was no such notation on my receipt.

B of A credits overdraft fees immediately...but not ALWAYS do they credit a cash deposit--it depends on when and how you deposit. Of course it works in their favor to post withdrawals before deposits. Cash should be credited immediately to one's account, and it shouldn't matter how you make the deposit! Plus B of A charges $35.00 overdraft fees no matter the size of the purchase. That is outrageous in itself...other banks charge $20.00. They now have changed the law in California so they can only charge three overdraft fees at any one time.

That's Your Best Move!

AUTHOR: Edward - (U.S.A.)

Good for you MC for closing your account. That's the only language BofA understands. The minute I saw the new "Keep The Change" ads from Bofa, it was immediately clear to me what their true motive was. More fees from microscopic, chump change overages, like your situation. The real subliminal message in the ad is they will add a few PENNIES to your savings account as they collect DOLLARS in overdraft fees from your checking account. But you're brainwashed into thinking that you're somehow the winner! How Blatant!

Your comment is right on about the Execs laughing at the peon customers as they count their bank rolls everyday. I finally wised up like you and did the same and switched to a different bank which shall remain nameless for fairness.

But get this, my new bank still posts transactions in the order they occur! And there is no cutoff time for deposits. As long as the branch doors are open, ALL DEPOSITS POST THE SAME DAY, cash or check! Talk about being customer friendly.

You're also correct about it being a matter of time before the Feds get FED UP (Pun Intended), with the Bandits Of America.

I closed my account

AUTHOR: Mc - (U.S.A.)

Just like all of the compaints with "canned" responses that Bank of America hires people to write as comments on these posts. There are millions of other people are being scammed by a slack organization with a bunch of CEO executives that are laughing at all of us as they spend our money on the golf courses and the country clubs. Nothing we write on here or anywhere else will matter to them. This is how I believe my account and millions of more accounts like it works.

Unlike many banks that will deny access to an ATM card to people with financial instability or poor credit, Bank of America makes their money by allowing these accounts. Knowing that the account holder will skate on the edge of a -0- balance, they encourage the holder to use its on-line access to keep there balance information up-to date. They will place a hold on a transaction so it does not appear on their on-line statement then they play the waiting game. Once BOA computer system detects that the balance will go into overdraft they post whatever bank charges they can muster up then they post the hold transaction. (they cannot charge overdraft fees on a bank charge so they will always post their bank charges first). These charges can leave the account holder with 2 or 3 overdraft charges.

They will change POS transaction dates and do everything they can to throw off anyone who uses the on-line banking to balance their checkbook. The people who post rebuttals on here are instructed on how to rebute or "comment" . It is a shame that an organization can so blatantly take advantage of millions of people. It is sad and sickening. Whats worse is that they have people write rebuttal statements in attempts to make the account holders feel even worse, like they need to feel worse than they already do having been taken advantage of so easily. Some of the comments that are posted are incredibly cruel. Trying to make the person who filed a complaint feel like they are the bottom of the barrel for allowing their account balance to get so low. It is disgusting.

Not BOA employee

AUTHOR: Mike - (U.S.A.)

Sorry to burst your bubble, but I'm not an employee of BOA. In fact, I've been accused of being an employee of BOA, Ebay, PayPal, Capital One, Tires Plus, car dealerships and collection agencies. But I'm not, I'm simply someone who gets yelled at for pointing out that they weren't ripped off.

Now back to your complaint. So you are enrolled in the "Keep the change" program with BOA. This is something new right? So if your transaction was $25.75, they would round it up to $26.00 and deposit .25 in your savings account? Is that it?

So again....when you had the transaction on June 21st, did you enter the amount of the transaction PLUS the amount of the Keep Your change program into your check register so that you knew exactly what you had spent, therefore knowing that you can't make that withdrawal that caused you to overdraft because you didn't have that much in your account?

Do you keep a check register at all or go by the online/ATM balance that you receive, which even BOA tells you upfront is unreliable?

MONEY WAS AVAILABLE UNTIL THEY STOLE IT!

AUTHOR: Mc - (U.S.A.)

If money was not available to me than how could I have overdrawn an account with no overdraft protection! I finally figured this out. They overdrafted my account with the keep your change transactions they made 1 week after the actual transactions.

What is funny is that they actually pay these bozo's to file comments on every one of these Bank of America complaints. If you notice they all have the same explanations. They must copy it from a lead sheet or something. What a joke! It won't be long before they all lose their jobs. FEDS are cracking down on all of the hidden fees- BANK OF AMERICA IS ON THE TOP OF THE LIST!

I did read what you wrote

You said:

"A transaction I made on July 21st by using my PIN did not post to my account until July 30th. Only after BOA charged my account a $2.00 service charge for a foreign ATM."

**And I will repeat what I said since you didn't get it either....

Had you kept a check register and entered the transaction that you did on July 21st, you would've known that the amount of the withdrawal plus all fees for using a foreign ATM would've been more than you had "available" based on your check register.

Therefore, you spent money that wasn't available to you.

POSTING ORDER IS VERY! RELEVANT

AUTHOR: Mc - (U.S.A.)

To the "genius" who states that the posting order is not relevant and yet :never paid and overage fee" :

Obviously you have no clue how a BANK SCAMS PEOPLE if you think that the order your transactions post is not relevant to when you are charged overage fees. I am surprised you know how to use a computer! Especially when the bank changes the date of your transactions all on its own!

#26 Consumer Suggestion

MC, the posting order is IRRELEVANT!!

AUTHOR: Steve - (U.S.A.)

MC,

If you keep an accurate checkbook register and only spend less than what it shows you have, you will never pay an NSF fee.

BofA did NOT steal anything from you. These fees are clearly defined in your terms and conditions brochure, and online.

Posting order is totally irrelevant, and most banks first post debits/charges and then deposits/credits. This is standard banking practice and totally legal.

NSF fees are incurred only as a result of poor account management.

I have been with BofA with multiple accounts in multiple states for 16 years, and have never paid an NSF fee.

To anyone who thinks that BOA is not stealing

AUTHOR: Mc - (U.S.A.)

BANKING LAWS prohibit a bank from charging overdraft fees caused by bank charges. THEREFORE what BANK OF AMERICA SCAM does is change the order of your transaction so a BANK OF AMERICA SCAM BANK CHARGE comes first, then posts your transaction to OVERDRAFT your account.

So to the genius who told me to keep a check register, obviously you cannot keep a check register and add fees you did not know existed. (Like an foreign ATM charge added to your account 1 week after the actual ATM withdrawal!)

If you are like many people and keep a checking account to actually use for expenses, WATCH CAREFULLY, they will steal from you every opportunity they have. And all of the BOA publicity people posting on here for damage control, the scam has already been exposed Nationwide so give it up.

Read what I wrote before you comment

AUTHOR: Mc - (U.S.A.)

If you did not read what I wrote then dont make a comment

Bank of America STOLE money from My account was not overdrafted at the time I made my transactions!. They overdrafted my account by charging me fees I was unaware of then posted my transactions so my transactions overdrafted my account BECAUSE they know that Federal Banking Laws prohibit them from charging overdraft fees of a bank charge cause the account to go into overdraft.

How can a fee for a transaction happen before the actual transaction! I have 2 internet printouts showing NO FEES, POSITIVE BALANCE. 1 week later I have an internet statement showing FEES! THEN the same transactions showing a negative.

Keeping a check register

You said:

"A transaction I made on July 21st by using my PIN did not post to my account until July 30th. Only after BOA charged my account a $2.00 service charge for a foreign ATM. The service charge was posted to my account 1 week after the actual withdrawal posted. They waited until I was at my lowest amount in the account, they posted a bank charge and then the service charge, put me in the negative then posted my transaction of $13.80 to overdraft my account. The result. -87.50 in my account. They stole almost 100 dollars from me"

**My answer to you is this...When you made your transaction on the 21st did you enter it in your check register? Deduct if rom your balance? When you used your foreign ATM and accepted the charges, did you enter both BOA's and the foreign bank charges in your register and deduct them from your balance? If so, how did you overdraft without spending money you didn't have?

Nobody stole anything from you. You overdrafted your acount