Complaint Review: BARCLAYS - US AIRWAYS CREDIT CARD

• Submitted: Fri, December 12, 2008
  • Updated: Mon, January 19, 2009

• Reported By:TACOMA Washington
BARCLAYS - US AIRWAYS CREDIT CARD
P.O. BOX 8802, Wilmington, Delaware U.S.A.

BARCLAYS - US AIRWAYS CREDIT CARD not responding to disputed charges, although I send mail certified Wilmington Delaware

*Author of original report: Barclays

*Consumer Comment: When banks fail to respond or resolve problems

Barclays without my approval or knowledge approved charges outside of the United States. I have called, send express letter, certified letters and never received a response to my dispute. Barclays send me a sales receipt and transaction slip from the "Bloody World Web game" with my husbands name on the slip. Mind you, my husband does not even know how to turn the computer on or play any kind of games.

The US Airways Credit Card was used without our knowlege or approval. To make things worse, we received a letter from our mortgage company and one of their employees sold our credit history.

I really dont know what to do. If anyone can help me with this, please e-mail me.

Thank You!

Karin
TACOMA, Washington

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/12/2008 12:08 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/BARCLAYS-US-AIRWAYS-CREDIT-CARD/Wilmington-Delaware-19899/BARCLAYS-US-AIRWAYS-CREDIT-CARD-not-responding-to-disputed-charges-although-I-send-mail-400561. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on BARCLAYS - US AIRWAYS CREDIT CARD

Barclays

AUTHOR: Karin - (U.S.A.)

Update:

I finally received a call from the company and was told my charges will be removed.

I received a letter within 7 days of the call and all charges have been removed and my balance is zero.

When banks fail to respond or resolve problems

AUTHOR: Laurie - (U.S.A.)

You file complaints with the Federal Trade Commission and Office of Thrift Supervision. Otherwise the bank will ignore you and not do anything.
This is not legal- the banks know this and hope you never take the time to research who you can complain to - Which obviously you have not tried to do other than post a complaint and wait for someone to tell you.

www.ftc.gov

www.ots.gov

THE INTERNET IS A TOOL - USE IT!