Complaint Review: BARGAIN NETWORK, LEGAL SHIELD, EASY SAVER, PRICE STORE

• Submitted: Fri, December 10, 2004
  • Updated: Fri, March 24, 2006

• Reported By:TUSCUMBIA Alabama
BARGAIN NETWORK, LEGAL SHIELD, EASY SAVER, PRICE STORE
910 N VENTURA VENTURA, California U.S.A.

BARGAIN NETWORK, LEGAL SHIELD, EASY SAVER, PRICE STORE BARGAIN NETWORK AND ITS AFFILIATES MADE UNAUTHORIZED TRANSACTIONS RIPOFF VENTURA California

*Consumer Comment: Address & Phone wrong for this company

*Consumer Suggestion: Contact Your Bank

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: have them play back your phone call

WHEN I READ AN ADVERTISEMENT IN MY LOCAL PAPER ABOUT OBTAINING INFORMATION ABOUT CARS BEING AUCTIONED OFF, I NEVER DREAMED THAT IT COULD TURN INTO THE SCAM THAT IT HAS. I WAS TOLD I WOULD HAVE A 30 DAY TRIAL PERIOD AND THAT I COULD CANCEL ANYTIME WITHIN THAT 30 DAY PERIOD. I WROTE EVERYTHING DOWN IN CASE I DID WANT TO CANCEL. THIS CALL WAS MADE ON JUNE 29, 2004. I DID CALL AND CANCEL BEFORE MY 30 DAY TRIAL PERIOD WAS UP. WHICH WAS BEFORE JULY 27,2004. MY TOTAL COST SHOULD HAVE BEEN $1.95. I DRIVE A TRUCK FOR A LIVING AND I DON'T KEEP AN EYE ON MY CHECKING ACCOUNT LIKE I SHOULD. THE NEXT MONTH MY WIFE NOTICES THAT THERE HAS BEEN A DEBT OF $19.80 MADE BY BARGAIN NETWORK, $14.95 MADE BY EASY SAVER, $14.95 PRICE STORE, $14.95 LEGAL SHIELD. THE LAST 3 BUSINESSES I HAVE NOT EVER HEARD OF MUCH LESS GIVEN THEM ANY AUTHORITY TO ACCESS MY ACCOUNT. I MADE CALLS, TRYING TO FIGURE OUT WHAT IS GOING ON. I CALLED AGAIN AND FOLLOWED THE INSTRUCTIONS I WAS GIVEN TO CANCEL BARGAIN NETWORK. THIS HAS WENT ON FOR ALMOST 6 MONTHS AND MY $1.95 BARGAIN HAS TURNED INTO $44.85 EASY SAVER, $44.85 LEGAL SHIELD, $59.80 PRICE STORE, AND $61.35 BARGAIN NETWORK. I DID REACH SOMEONE AT EASYSAVER AND LEGAL SHEILD AND THEY SAID THEY WOULD REFUND THE MONEY THEY HAD TAKEN. EACH COMPANY ONLY CREDITED MY ACCOUNT FOR $14.95. THEY STILL OWE ME $29.90 EACH.
I HAVE NOT BEEN SUCESSFUL REACHING ANYONE AT THE NUMBER THAT IS ATTACHED TO THE PRICE STORE, THEY OWE ME $59.80. THE FIRST FEW TIMES I TALKED TO BARGAIN NETWORK THEY LED ME TO BELIEVE THEY WOULD STRAIGHTEN IT OUT AND REFUND MY MONEY. I EXPLAINED TO THEM I HAD DOCUMENTED EVERY CALL TO PROVE THAT IT WAS CANCELED. THEY HAVE NOT REFUNDED ANYTHING. SO, MY $1.95 HAS TURNED INTO A TOTAL OF $210.85.THAT I OVER $200.00 TAKEN OUT OF MY ACCOUNT WITHOUT AUTHORIZATION. HOW CAN THEY DO THIS?

Thomas
TUSCUMBIA, Alabama

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/10/2004 06:51 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/BARGAIN-NETWORK-LEGAL-SHIELD-EASY-SAVER-PRICE-STORE/VENTURA-California-93001/BARGAIN-NETWORK-LEGAL-SHIELD-EASY-SAVER-PRICE-STORE-BARGAIN-NETWORK-AND-ITS-AFFILIATES-122272. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on BARGAIN NETWORK, LEGAL SHIELD, EASY SAVER, PRICE STORE

Address & Phone wrong for this company

AUTHOR: Jim - (U.S.A.)

I am the owner of Accurate Auto Repair a ligitament business here in Ventura. I don't know who these people are at Bargain Network but somehow my address and phone number have appeared on this post. If you need your car fixed I can help you, other than that please don't bother to call.

#2 Consumer Suggestion

Contact Your Bank

AUTHOR: Kris - (U.S.A.)

I had a similar sitution with a company where they continued to take payments out of my bank account after I told them to stop. All you need to do is go to your bank and file an afadaivit stating the facts and dates nd they should refund your money. Hope this helps

#3 UPDATE EX-employee responds

have them play back your phone call

AUTHOR: Shannon - (U.S.A.)

I worked at this company for about two months around the same time that you placed your order (I hope to god I didn't take your order and if I did I apoligize) I know that they record the entire conversation. Those last four charges were the Upsells. If you had to repeat your last four digets of your payment information then that was the authorization. If they dont have it on tape, then they legally can't charge you for it. Pricestore is actually bargain network as well, the other companies are seperate. If you call the sales floor (the number you called the first time) they should have the contact information for each of these companies. Good luck :)