Complaint Review: BARNES&NOBLE COM

• Updated: Wed, April 02, 2014

• Reported By: Mel — Arizona
BARNES&NOBLE COM
Nationwide USA

BARNES&NOBLE COM Barnes & Noble book stores Reoccuring Charge to Credit Card after cancelling membership WESTBURY NY

With Barnes & Noble I signed up for a membership when I purchased the Nook tablet and this required a reoccurring monthly charge to my credit card. In Jan 2013 I cancelled my membership and realized one year later in December 2013 I was still being charged after cancelling membership. I called B&N after receiving the last 3 statements asking them to stop membership and reimburse me and each time a foreigner says it's been taken care of and I will no longer be charged.

In April 2014 I received another statement with a charge of $2.10. Each time the foreign call center tells me they can not reimburse me for past charges even though I canceled membership over a year ago and they have no record of me in their system. Which means I obviously do not have a membership, yet they continue to charge my CC. My theory is they cancelled the account but didn't stop the reoccuring charges on my credit card.

Trying to save anyone else from going through BAD business practices with BARNES and NOBLE membership. I finally called the credit card company to block all charges from Barnes & Noble. I will no longer be buying anything from this store again and credit card company blocks any payment for 4 years. Bye Bye B&N surely you are on your way out of business with such poor customer service.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/02/2014 08:05 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/BARNESNOBLE-COM/nationwide/BARNESNOBLE-COM-Barnes-Noble-book-stores-Reoccuring-Charge-to-Credit-Card-after-cancel-1135610. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on BARNES&NOBLE COM