Complaint Review: BARREL FULL OF MONKEYS ENTETAINMENT

• Updated: Fri, June 01, 2012

• Reported By: JEFF — LOS ANGLES California United States of America
BARREL FULL OF MONKEYS ENTETAINMENT
1204 fourth street Berkeley ca 94710 Internet United States of America

BARREL FULL OF MONKEYS ENTETAINMENT Kristen Parks stilt walking ,unicycle, slapstick at my risk Internet

*Author of original report: Is this company up to monkey business?

*General Comment: Seriously?

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Barrel Full of Monkeys

*Author of original report: IT MUST SUCK TO HAVE YOU AS A PARENT

*Consumer Comment: So why did you hire them...

A Barrel full of monkeys is in BERKELEY,  not oakland as Gigmasters  would have you believe. The citys says they have no business license.So I really don't believe they have insurance. So when they come to my house, and do stilt walking,  unicycle and slapstick, if they or  the kids get hurt, kicked in the head, it is the home owner that is responsible, not them. Good luck getting your home owners to cover this. Then there is question of them putting glitter on the kids face after facepainting. So if it cuts the eye or a kid chocks  on a balloon, they again are just a bunch of silly monkeys who have decided to come into your home totally illegal. BUYER BEWARE. This sort of stuff needs to be at a circus, not a home.I can't believe that the city of BERKELEY  hired them last year to teach park and rec.since they have no business license. If they want to act like a bunch of animals, it is up to the adults to stop them from acting like a bunch of  dumb apes.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/17/2012 01:57 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/BARREL-FULL-OF-MONKEYS-ENTETAINMENT/internet/BARREL-FULL-OF-MONKEYS-ENTETAINMENT-Kristen-Parks-stilt-walking-unicycle-slapstick-at-m-855321. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on BARREL FULL OF MONKEYS ENTETAINMENT

Is this company up to monkey business?

AUTHOR: mae - (United States of America)

Your answer was so ridiculous, I  am still laughing.''I file tax as an independent under my own name''. This was the best cover up to  deceive people to think you have a license. According to Berkeley you DO NOT.Not in your real name,not in business name.And guess what ,they say you have to have on to be a legal business there. The fact that you have worked for the city, and parks and rec, is absured.You are something else. So about insurance why should we believe you, the insurance covers only 1 person not both you and your partner.About glitter, let me see UC Davis said there is no such thing as safe glitter when put on the face it can go into the eye. So I can believe the doctor or I can believe you.You lose. Why should WE care about what you do if I am in L.A.,because California has SO many people who care about kids, and laws. You would be suprised  if you new who  and how many people stand behind the laws here and don't put up with any monkey business. We see you are a top booker on gigmasters.com, how can that be you don't have a license to work, and yet they have your past calender.

#2 General Comment

Seriously?

AUTHOR: Mrs. M - (USA)

I hope your kids never trip over their own feet. What will you do then? Sue the company who made the kids shoes? What happens if your child gets stung? Will you find a way to sue the bees too? What the heck is wrong with some of you parents? If you don't want to worry about "what " may happen don't have them. I have said this before and I will say it again, how in the world did people my age ever make it without our parents laying blame on everything and everyone in the world????  Don't hire people who are not in a bubble and do not have bubbles to put around your children....In case your dense..that was a joke. Please come on here more and complain about a company you hired because your afraid your kid will choke on a balloon or get cut from glitter. In my opinion keep balloons out of your kids mouth  and hey here is a random idea...Teach your children what can hurt them. My goodness people who have children these days should be given an evaluation on stupidity.

If you are that upset with "Berkeley" then move. I am guessing your probably one of these parents who blame everything on everyone else . My goodness you take responsibility on teaching them what is safe and what is not. In my opinion, kids are not stupid, its the parents who need some intelligence. You will get a call from the school your children are attending and I am sure it will be the schools fault right?

#3 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Barrel Full of Monkeys

AUTHOR: Barrel Full of Monkeys - (United States of America)

The entertainers of Barrel Full of Monkeys do have liability insurance, through Specialty Insurance Company.
We file taxes as independent contractors under our legal names.
We would never do anything to endanger a child or guest. We are professional entertainers and have over 15 years of experience.
Body glitter is safe, it is made specifically for make up. We use only professional quality Snazaroo, Wolfe and Diamond FX make up and body glitter.
Balloons are a choking hazard to very small children, I always advise parents of this and advise parents to pick up pieces of popped balloons.
We work for the city of Berkeley and the City of El Cerrito, as independent contractors.
Have you met us before? I see you live in Los Angeles, why do you pick on a very small Bay Area company. I would appreciate your asking credentials and getting your facts straight before assuming things and slandering all over the internet.
I would appreciate you removing my personal information from your post.

IT MUST SUCK TO HAVE YOU AS A PARENT

AUTHOR: mae - (United States of America)

There are two types of companys out there one with insurance, and legal and one that has nothing. Let me see , they cost the same.I think I will take the one that will cover the 20 kids in case of a problem. It must suck to have you as a parent, because you would, chose the one with no insurance and no legal protection in case this person you did not no, harmed your kid.   You think like a kid, not an adult.

So why did you hire them...

AUTHOR: Steve - (USA)

..if you are the kind of parent that doesn't wantballoons around because a kid could choke on them, or glitter because it could "cut" them (lol!).

In fact, why did you have kids at all? It must suck having you as a parent; gotta imagine your kid lives in a bubble.

lucky