Complaint Review: BASTA FOR JUSTICE

• Updated: Fri, April 11, 2014

• Reported By: Adriana — Palmdale California
BASTA FOR JUSTICE
667 W Avenue J LANCASTER, California United States of America

BASTA FOR JUSTICE BASTA, BASTAFORJUSTICE.ORG, SCAM ORGANIZATION. THEY WILL TAKE YOUR MONEY AND RUN. DOESN'T WORK. LANCASTER, California

*Consumer Comment: My Experience with Basta

*Consumer Suggestion: Join Forces To Stop Basta

These people are flat out crooks. They promise to help you stay an not get evicted but it just doesn't work. We did their stupid trial idea and I lost. Now  I have the eviction on my record and owe more. I lost money tryoing this stupid scam. I was evicted anyways and got nothing that they promised. I should have known it seemed to good to be true. I have talked to others with the same story too! I warn everyone to not be fooled. They do not care what happens to you. They just want their fees and use you to get them. Stay away from this scam. God bless..

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/24/2013 09:47 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/BASTA-FOR-JUSTICE/LANCASTER-California-93534/BASTA-FOR-JUSTICE-BASTA-BASTAFORJUSTICEORG-SCAM-ORGANIZATION-THEY-WILL-TAKE-YOUR-MONE-1045828. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on BASTA FOR JUSTICE

My Experience with Basta

AUTHOR: Satisfied Customer - ()

Hi,

I want to write a few lines about my positive experience with Basta.  I too was facing a situation of eviction as the previous writer commented.   We were behind several months of rent due to a Property Management company that did not care to maintain the property.   From the moment we moved in, there were repairs after repairs and numerous visits by maintenance personnel that took place.  The number of visits had reached 65 plus in 5 months.   We found ourselves in a predicament where the company would only respond if a lawyer was involved.   Due to the home not being serviced properly for a large number of years, we were experiencing what is known as delayed maintenance.  Although we attempted to be released from our lease and notified the company of all the violations commited.  This only prolonged our stay for an addtional three months.   At that point the Property Management company opted to file an eviction notice against us.   We had been served.  The interesting thing is that for us this was not about money but rather it was about the principle that as tenants we have rights.  There were many other things wrong with the home, such as city citations, health department warnings and the discovery of mold.     We felt our case was strong, nevertheless it all really depends on the judge or the jury.   Depending on how each situation unfolds, there are a number of key decisions that can impact the outcome of your case.  This is where having a knowledgeable lawyer that specializes in this area of law can be extremely helpful.   We opted to hire an attorney from Basta to represent us.  Prior to hiring their attorney, I conducted a lot of research on their firm.   Some was negative and some was positive.    The decision maker for me was the referral from another lawyer and the mission for which Basta stands for.  They are truly dedicated to serving the tenant and the surrounding communities.

During my court case, I must admitt there was much chaos.   However, this did not stem from Basta but rather from the judge that was giving our case a hard time and the opposing attorney who kept on instigating.   The following day, our attorney guided us on the options available to us.   That is when the miracle happened.   Through his preparation of our case, research of other cases Basta had won and his representation -- We won our case.   Prior to this day, I felt hopeless and could not see how we could be freed from back rent and the eviction.  We decided to settle as so did the opposing side.  As a result we were able to avoid the trial and came before the judge with a settlement for both sides.   The judge was pleased and commented how great it would be if everyone could do the same by working through the conflict.

I was never promised anything by Basta but instead offered options along with great detail behind possible scenarios.  I appreciated hearing this information.   The truth is that they really can not tell a tenant how each indiviual situation will play out.  It's up to the tenant to hear the options and decide on the best route.  Basta does not take a step as so will other lawyers without the consent of the party they are representing.   Court is very much like a roll of the dice.  Depending on how it lands, this is where having an excellent attorney like I did.....can make a world of a difference.    Although the comments on the website for Basta were negative, I also knew they are 100% about tenant rights.   They are side by side, at the trenches with each case they take on.  This makes them experts and relentless about what they believe is justice.    Not every case is won, but without a doubt they are committed to the people they defend to the very end.

#2 Consumer Suggestion

Join Forces To Stop Basta

AUTHOR: jen - ()

Attention Adriana & Other Tenants:  If you were dissatisfied with Basta's legal representation and question their ethics, here's your chance to make a difference and see that the truth prevails.

My personal experience proves Basta, Inc as making false statements and misrepresentations of facts in order to implement legal procedures for their own benefit and gain.  Use of false statements and distortion of facts is unethical and an abuse of legal procedures.