Complaint Review: BATH FITTERS

• Reported By:winnipeg Manitoba
BATH FITTERS
WINNIPEG, Manitoba Canada

BATH FITTERS ripoff mistreated and ripped off WINNIPEG Manitoba

*Consumer Comment: Great service, and "Soft Walls" DO in fact happen.

*Consumer Comment: Very Happy

*Author of original report: BATH FITTERS FIXED PROBLEM

I installed a bathfitter tub in May of 2002. They cracked my tiles and left the old drain mechanism in my drain, my tub also leaks. Bath fitters have come out to the home 3 times, once put caulking on the cracks and I email a letter telling them it looks aweful.

When they came back out to the home they told me my walls were soft and if I bought a surround unit for $750 from them they would not charge me taxes. I do not think this is fair because I did not crack my tiles. To dated no one has even checked out why the tub is leaking and damaging my walls and it's been 10 months.

I have email bath fitters 3 times and keep getting the same response, they will forward it to customer service.
I have called several times and the owner never seems to be in nor does he return my calls. Now I really feel ripped off

Dianne
winnipeg, Manitoba
Canada

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/03/2003 12:22 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/BATH-FITTERS/WINNIPEG-Manitoba/BATH-FITTERS-ripoff-mistreated-and-ripped-off-WINNIPEG-Manitoba-47711. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on BATH FITTERS

Great service, and "Soft Walls" DO in fact happen.

AUTHOR: Frederick J. - (U.S.A.)

I am a hotel owner in greater Portland, Maine. Over the past 4 years, we have used Bath Fitters to upgrade shower enclosures in about 15 of our hotel rooms, at a rate of 4 or 5 per year. Mostly, it is the high quality custom-fitted, leak-proof acrylic shower surrounds and upgrades to flow-control temp. valves that we are looking for, rather than the tubs.

We are incredibly happy with the workmanship and efficiency with which these units are installed, often squeezing in an installation between a 10 a.m. check-out time and guests checking in to the same room at 2 pm. That's service! Every single room is a custom fit, and the finished look and quality of installation over 30 year old tile is outstanding. The most recent installation was in an emergency, when a hotel guest actually slipped and put his elbow THROUGH the tile wall of the shower.

We were amazed, but in fact in structures built before today's code "blue board", even a well-grouted and maintained tile wall can permit some water to get behind, the sheet rock becomes soft, and until you lean on it, you have no idea the wall is not sound. This happened to us. Bath Fitter put us on their schedule at very short notice, and put in a new shower surround and plumbing valves & drain while our hotel guest was out at the beach!

Less than 4 hours later, the room immaculately cleaned by Bath Fitters (as always!)the guest returned to find his beautiful new acrylic shower. You can't beat that. I would (and DO!) recommend Bath Fitter to everyone. -FJM

Very Happy

AUTHOR: Dale - (Canada)

I had a tub surround installed and I could not be happier, the workmanship was excellent and it improved the looks of my bathroom 100%.Friends and family could not believe the change.It costed a bit more than what I wanted to spend but after seeing the results it was the best investment I ever made. Keep up the good work

BATH FITTERS FIXED PROBLEM

AUTHOR: Dianne - (Canada)

Bath fitters came back out to my house and repaired the walls and put in a surround unit. I'm very pleased with the work that was done. not only is the caulking much neater but my bathroom looks great. Thanks bath fitters for solving this problem. I would not hesitate to recomend bath fitters to a friend I have been completely satisfied