Complaint Review: BBG COMMUNICATIONS

• Submitted: Tue, January 22, 2008
  • Updated: Tue, January 22, 2008

• Reported By:Buzzards Bay Massachusetts
BBG COMMUNICATIONS
1658 GAILES BLVD. SAN DIEGO, Massachusetts U.S.A.

BBG COMMUNICATIONS TELEPHONE CHARGE SCAM SAN DIEGO Massachusetts

I will make this brief. I attempted to contact your company today January 23, 2008 concerning charges for telephone calls made while I was in Jamaica, West Indies from my hotel room at Point Village, Negril.

When I got home and checked my statement there were over $500 USD of charges on my account. I did not make this amount of calls. You "scriptedly" told me that there is as much as a "$10.00 connection fee for each call" and that I should have "asked" for the other fees to the live operator. Your representative also informed me it would take 10-15 days to access the information. Yet the charges promptly showed up on my account. Why should I have to wait for any information?

Firstly: there is no posting of any fees at phone side only to dial *1202 to get connected.
Secondly: there is no live operator, it is all automated
Thirdly: even so, my bill would have averaged, according to your fees, close to $15 per minute!

This is truly an outrage and tremendous phone scam. All hotels, the FCC, California Business Bureau and any investigative news reporting channel should be on high alert with your company!

I would appreciate a prompt reply from the highest authority in your company within 24 hours.I will be making a copy of this e-mail as well as hard copies of this travesty of charges by your company and forwarding them to the FCC, every hotel I can, investigative new agency, and the California authorities while I await a full refund of these charges.

Tanya
Buzzards Bay, Massachusetts

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/22/2008 09:28 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/BBG-COMMUNICATIONS/SAN-DIEGO-Massachusetts-95154/BBG-COMMUNICATIONS-TELEPHONE-CHARGE-SCAM-SAN-DIEGO-Massachusetts-302297. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on BBG COMMUNICATIONS