Complaint Review: BBG Communications - BBG International

• Submitted: Wed, July 23, 2008
  • Updated: Wed, July 23, 2008

• Reported By:Riverdale Georgia
BBG Communications - BBG International
511 E. San Ysidro Blvd. #1770 San Ysidro, California U.S.A.

BBG Communications - BBG International Charged Exhorbent amounts on calls made from Costa Rica to the US. San Ysidro California

I made six phone calls from My room in the Resort in Costa Rica to the US. On the phone it was advertisement saying no connection fess and calls to the US as low s $0.22. The Resort fess were $3.95 to connect and $0.65 a minute so I chose to make the calls from my room since they would be quick. The first 2 calls were made on my Master Card and did not go through but I was still charged for each call. $34.94 for the first call and $34.91 for the second call. When I tried to call a third time an operator came on the phone and told me the card was not valid and that I needed to use another card. I immediately called my credit card company using my Visa Card and was told that the card was valid and no charges had been attempted. I then decided to make my calls using my Visa Card and the first two calls went straight to voicemail so I left a 20 second message and hung up. The next call was to my cellphone to check my messages which lasted maybe 1 minute because I had no messages. The four calls made on my Visa Card all less than 1 minute came to a total of $182.62. When I viewed the charges on my credit card statment I googled the company and was immediately reverted to this website Ripoffreport.com. I then called the company to complain about the ridculous amount which was charged to make the calls. I was told that if I would have called the Operator I would have known what the calls would cost. No where on the phone in the Resort did it even have the company's name that I would be making the calls through so how would I be able to call the operator. Not at any time while making the calls was I given a choice to speak with an operator. I immedieatley contact both Credit Card Compay's and initiated a dispute becuase I do not intend to pay this.

Katrina
Riverdale, Georgia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/23/2008 10:04 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/BBG-Communications-BBG-International/San-Ysidro-California-92173/BBG-Communications-BBG-International-Charged-Exhorbent-amounts-on-calls-made-from-Costa-354648. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on BBG Communications - BBG International