Complaint Review: BBG Communications, Inc

• Submitted: Thu, January 28, 2010
  • Updated: Thu, January 28, 2010

• Reported By: Aiown — Southport, QLD Australia
BBG Communications, Inc
511 E. San Ysidro Blvd. #1770, San Ysidro, California Internet United States of America

BBG Communications, Inc International Calling Services - Deceptive practices, quote low price and charges high - Internet

This company operates one of the biggest scams in the world.

On 09-27-2009 I traveled to Hungary and returned on 10-18-2009 via Amsterdam. On 29-30/09 and 21/10/2009 I made phone calls from the Amsterdam Schiphol airport transit public phones using my credit card. 6 of the 8 calls were operator assisted. When asking the operator about the charges, he quoted $2 for the first minute and $1 a minute afterwards. I agreed to the charges. Returning to Australia I was shocked to see the charges on my account. I immediately contacted my bank (Westpac) that this was a fraud as I was overcharged for the service. The bank investigated the transactions and concluded that because I provided them my card details, by MasterCard rules the transactions were legal.

I phoned the above company and was told

1. all my calls were made from a hotel - but I never stayed in a hotel in my life.

2. none of my calls were operator assisted, so I could not have got the above quotes from them - but 6 of the 8 calls made were.

They said, they charged 60 AUD for the first 5 minutes then $4-6/minute. I asked them to find the voice recording of the conversation I had with the operator when he quoted me the charges. They said they don't record any conversations.

I am exceedingly upset because being a single income family and having a baby we are on a very tight budget ,and I would not have used their service if such high charges were quoted.

The amounts in question are the following:

Dates and charges:

SUM: $456.28

They are uncooperative and lie. They refused to refund any of my money. Maybe the operators are on a commission and quote a low charge otherwise nobody would use their services.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/28/2010 10:17 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/BBG-Communications-Inc/internet/BBG-Communications-Inc-International-Calling-Services-Deceptive-practices-quote-low-pr-561640. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on BBG Communications, Inc