Complaint Review: BBG Communications - International Satellite Communications

• Submitted: Wed, October 21, 2009
  • Updated: Fri, May 14, 2010

• Reported By: Shannon — Atlanta Georgia USA
BBG Communications - International Satellite Communications
511 East San Ysidro Blvd, Suite 1770 San Ysidro, California United States of America

BBG Communications - International Satellite Communications Jason Myers, CEO Ripped off also - would like to join in a class action lawsuit San Ysidro, California

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Hello, Duncan

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Sounds familiar

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Sounds familiar

I was leaving Jamaica and wanted to make a call to ensure my transportation back in the US was secure.  Unfortunately my cell phone was dead.  On the payphone it listed that there was a charge of $1 per 5 minutes for credit card and calling cards.  Under this presumption, I made 4 calls under 60 seconds since no one answered the phone and have been charge $171.07.  I was offered a return of $83.00 but have not accepted.  I am currently writing a letter to my attorney general, the governor of California in which this company states they are located and writing my local news station.  I think it is a ripoff, especially in today's economy, that a company can thrive and still exist on taking peoples money without their knowledge.  What made the situation worse was that the first agent I spoke to told me that they do not have to list their pricing on the phone or indicate that I needed to call the operator for specifically using my credit card so that I understood the charges.  I would love to join a class action lawsuit and will reply with the outcome of my letter.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/21/2009 01:35 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/BBG-Communications-International-Satellite-Communications/San-Ysidro-California-92173/BBG-Communications-International-Satellite-Communications-Jason-Myers-CEO-Ripped-off-al-512841. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on BBG Communications - International Satellite Communications

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Hello, Duncan

AUTHOR: Rathernot - (Mexico)

I dont mean to rag on you, but are you sure that you really worked at ISC? If you did you would know that letters to the Attorney General or to the Governor are useless. The company is located in Tijuana, Mexico, and I know this because I was an operator there almost three years ago.

What I really wanted to say is this: please dont give people false hope. There is practically nothing they can do. If someone gets ripped off by ISC the only good thing they can do is take the discount they are offered and count themselves lucky.

Although, I read in this site of a customer who complained directly to the owner of ISC, Gregorio Galicot, and got a full refund. Galicot is also head of BBG Communications.

Another suggestion, if anybody wants to be done with the whole thing as quick as possible, is to not settle for the 30% "adjustment", but keep on them until they agree to take 50% off.

#2 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Sounds familiar

AUTHOR: Duncan - (United States of America)

To whom it may concern:

I read your statement and found it in line with several others on this website and I am sorry you were victim of this fraudulent company activities.

I worked with this company last year and after learning about their practices decided to quit.  I know how they operate internally and who pulls the strings.  Which countries they do business in...and how.  There is enough out there, that if someone in power would put their foot down, they could be stopped.   They have grossed hundreds of Millions of dollars from these and other telecommunication related scams over the past 15 years ( 15 years...can you believe they have been allowed to operate for that long? )

I think another great way to expose this company would be to have a Network Television news show do a story on the company, their practices/ scams that are continually perpetuated on a daily basis.

Please tell update me on how the letter to the attorney General and Governor works as it does not seem logical that in this day and age, they would be allowed to fly under the radar and operate with such criminal activity.   But keep pursuing them until the end because they survive and thrive because many people just give up and feel its not worth the trouble.

Good luck and don't forget to update via this website.

#3 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Sounds familiar

AUTHOR: Duncan - (United States of America)

To whom it may concern:

I worked with this company last year and after learning about their practices decided to quit.  I know how they operate internally and who pulls the strings.  Unfortunately they keep many things secret and have a very closed door policy about day to day operations.  But there is enough known that if someone of any power would put their foot down, they could be stopped.   They have grossed hundreds of Millions of dollars from these and other telecommunication related scams over the past 15 years ( 15 years...can you believe they have been allowed to operate for that long? )

I think another great way to expose this company would be to have a Network Television news show do a story on the company, their practices, scams that they continually perpetuate on a daily basis.

Please tell update me on how the letter to the attorney General and Governor works as it does not seem logical that in this day and age, they would be allowed to fly under the radar and operate with such criminal activity.   But keep pursuing them until the end because they thrive and survive because many people just give up and feel its not worth the trouble.

Good luck and don't forget to update via this website.