Complaint Review: BBG Communications

• Submitted: Sun, June 22, 2008
  • Updated: Sun, June 22, 2008

• Reported By:Nanoose Bay British Columbia
BBG Communications
1658 Gailes Blvd; Ste B San Diego, California U.S.A.

BBG Communications Exorbitant telephone charges from a hotel room in Guatemala City to Canada. San Diego California

While in Guatemala City recently I made a couple of calls home to Canada from my hotel room using BBG Cummunications; this system charges ones designated credit card directly and was advertised on a card conveniently placed next to the room telephone. I assumed this would be a less expensive way of calling relative to calling through the normal hotel system. The first call I got my answering machine since my wife was out. I left a brief message - the call must have been for less than a minute. I called later and chatted for about 10 mins.

On returning to Canada a few days later I checked my credit card account and found that I had been charged $40.73 and $94.68 respectively for the two calls!

I did not know at the time that I was using the services of BBG Communications so I contacted the hotel and obtained their name. I then Googled the company and found that I am but the latest in a long line of over-charged, ripped-off, customers. There was no hint on the card in the hotel room of the charges to be expected. I have informed the hotel that I shall not stay there again unless they discontinue using BBG.

Nanoose Bay, British Columbia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/22/2008 09:19 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/BBG-Communications/San-Diego-California-92154/BBG-Communications-Exorbitant-telephone-charges-from-a-hotel-room-in-Guatemala-City-to-Can-343019. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on BBG Communications