Complaint Review: BBG Communications

• Reported By: Kai — Victoria British Columbia Canada
BBG Communications
1658 Gailes Boulevard San Diego, California United States of America

BBG Communications, Expensive delay on Iceland San Diego, California

On March 22 2010 I flew into Keflavik Airport on Iceland to face not a volcanic disruption but an Icelandair mechanics strike.

I was told it could last days or could be over later that day. As my sister and nephew was picking me up in Copenhagen I tried to phone them on my cell phone with no luck it would not connect. An employee at a duty free shop suggested I use the pay phone around the corner and I did make 3 calls to Denmark using my credit card. The calls were 16 minutes total.

I eventually got to Denmark and when I checked my CC account a couple of days later there was 3 call charges $ 61.18, 68.20, 61.18 and 3 validating my credit card at $ 1.00 a call. A total of $ 193.56 for 16 minutes or $ 12.10/minute.

I checked the current rates with the two major phone companies for calls between Denmark and Iceland, between $ 0.50 -1.00/minute.

When I returned home I phoned my CC and talked to the dispute center. They recommended that I phone BBG Communications to complain about the rates. I did that and after having voiced my complaint I was told to wait a minute and then I was offered a credit of $ 52.00 which I declined and went back to my CC who has given me a full creddit for the calls.

They are also aware that I had a total of 16 minutes that I am willing to pay for but at a rate like $ 0.50-1.00/min.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/14/2010 11:43 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/BBG-Communications/San-Diego-California-92154/BBG-Communications-Expensive-delay-on-Iceland-San-Diego-California-603595. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on BBG Communications