Complaint Review: BBG Communications

• Updated: Thu, September 20, 2012

• Reported By: Tobster — Port Kennedy Other Australia
BBG Communications
1658 Gailes Boulevard San Diego, California United States of America

BBG Communications Many other aliases, too many to list here Telephone charges San Diego, California

*Author of original report: Thank you

*Consumer Suggestion: skype

I was stranded at Romes Fiumicino Airport and needed to make a call to my bank in West Australia.  Id been having some difficulties with my debit card.  I used a 20 Euro pre-paid calling card which gave me just 3 minutes of call time (5 per minute, plus connection fee)

I needed more time so I was forced to use my cell phone to call direct.  I also use a prepay package which almost gave me enough time to sort things out with my bank.  To ascertain whether my debit card had been re-activated, I used my debit card to make a 2 second call, again to my bank at home. As soon as I heard the automated voice service I hung up.  Feeling much better about my day, I continued on my way.  A recent check on my account showed that I had been charged AUD $62.56 for this call.

I have lodged a formal complaint and am awaiting further instructions from my lawyer

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/20/2012 01:32 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/BBG-Communications/San-Diego-California-92154/BBG-Communications-Many-other-aliases-too-many-to-list-here-Telephone-charges-San-Diego-943865. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on BBG Communications

AUTHOR: Tobster - (Australia)

Thanks for the advice but you still need an Internet connection to use Skype and I needed my debit card for that to connect.  The card had been deactivated hence the reason for the original phone call.  I have since downloaded Skype to all my devices now though

#2 Consumer Suggestion

skype

AUTHOR: Mike - (U.S.A.)

Next time you travel, put skype on your phone,   lots of free or low cost access everywhere,  call worldwide for pennies.