Complaint Review: BBG Communications

• Submitted: Wed, April 04, 2007
  • Updated: Wed, April 04, 2007

• Reported By:new hartford New York
BBG Communications
1658 Gailes Blvd. Suite B San Diego, California U.S.A.

BBG Communications rip off Carribbean travelers San Diego California

My son got stuck in St. Maarten, Neth. Antilles due to a northeast snow storm. He needed to call home, work, and airlines. He used a joint credit card we share and his own card to place calls. Fees were not posted. We have both been billed for calls no matter how brief @ $35 per call.

When I obtained BBG's phone number from my bank card co. I called & complained. BBG quickly offered to reduce the bill as a "courtesy". They said it would take 2-3 billing cycles to process the credit(this protects them from me protesting their charges. When I asked for their address I was told if it were given I would forfeit the refund. I am also wondering what kind of kickback the hotels receive for allowing BBG to operate.

I have complained to the FCC, FTC, CAL. Public UtilitiesComm., & NYS Attorney General. This same company ripped me off 3 years ago when one of my kids called from Jamaica. I want BBG to be investigated & punished if possible. Please tel anyone in a similar situation to file with the FCC. who told me the more complaints the more likely action will be taken.

Please advise any other avenues I can take to stop this ripoff!

Gail
new hartford, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/04/2007 01:42 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/BBG-Communications/San-Diego-California-92154/BBG-Communications-rip-off-Carribbean-travelers-San-Diego-California-242328. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on BBG Communications