Complaint Review: BBG Communications

• Submitted: Fri, June 08, 2007
  • Updated: Fri, June 08, 2007

• Reported By:Mansfield Texas
BBG Communications
bbgusa.com San Diego, California U.S.A.

BBG Communications scam ripoff dishonest billing Puerto Vallarta San Diego California

I recently went on a company trip to Puerto Vallarta, Mexico. Our flight had been cancelled and I needed to make a call home. The terminal was lined wall to wall with phones enabled to take a credit card swipe. In bold letters they read "$10 USD". I had to give all of my credit card information including security code before it let me key in a phone number to call.

After several failed attempts I finally got my last call to connect and was only on the phone for about 3 minutes. When I got back to Texas I checked my online banking and there they were multiple $41.00 charges for phone calls that did not even connect, as well as $10 temporary transaction fees all from BBG Communications. My co-worker unfortunately used his debit card and they took $200 from him. The banks don't really care to get involved because they claim there is some sort of loop hole because this service was provided inside of an airport. Like that makes them untouchable or something?

This company leads you to believe that your call will be $10. Especially with how all of the phones are marked in the airport. There are no other rates posted. just instructions on how to swipe your card and enter the phone number.

After speaking with customer service they were willing to give me a courtesy credit of $16.00. I said no thank you I am not going to pay for calls that did not even connect. As soon as I mentioned the Attorney Generals office they put you on hold to speak to their manager. They come back and say they will start an investigation into the false charges and will get back to you in 30 to 60 days.

This company preys on stranded travelers and misleads them with the labeling of their phones. They are making millions off of their fellow americans and need to be shut down. I have a large goup together right now that has been screwed by BBG and we are trying to get a class action law suit to shut them down for good!

Timothy
Mansfield, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/08/2007 11:53 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/BBG-Communications/San-Diego-California/BBG-Communications-scam-ripoff-dishonest-billing-Puerto-Vallarta-San-Diego-California-253312. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on BBG Communications