Complaint Review: BB&T Bank (Fayetteville, NC

• Submitted: Tue, September 06, 2011
  • Updated: Tue, September 06, 2011

• Reported By: MadAsHellOverIt — Fayetteville North Carolina United States of America
BB&T Bank (Fayetteville, NC
Raeford Rd., Fayetteville, NC Fayetteville, North Carolina United States of America
  • Phone: 910-860-7839
  • Web:
  • Category: Banks

BB&T Bank (Fayetteville, NC Bank BB&T credit bureau loans checking savings account Fayetteville, North Carolina

*Consumer Comment: Good Job!

*Consumer Comment: Didn't your account terms specify a minimum balance?

I opened a "free" checking account with the Raeford Rd. branch of BB&T bank in Fayetteville, NC in December 2009.  I used the account exclusively for over a year until I received such poor and downright rude customer service from the Raeford, NC branch that I began using a different bank.  I left approximately $7 in the account and it remained there until May 2011 when BB&T began charging me $10 per month for the "free" checking account, overdrafting the account.

These $10 fees went on for 3 months until BB&T closed my account with balance of -$23 dollars and charged me another $30 for the "service."

On 8/31/11 I went into the Raeford Rd. branch and spoke with Mary Hickey-King.  I requested that the balance be put at $0 and informed her that I would not be paying the -$53 under the circumstances.  She promised to look into it and get back to me by Friday.  She did not call me back on Friday.

I called back on Tuesday 9/6/11 and spoke with Mary Hickey-King who said that the credit I requested had not been approved.  I then spoke with Franklin Keller (Assistant VP) who stated that even though I opened the account as a "free" checking account that no credit would be given for the $60 in service fees and rudely stated that I need to pay it or they would report it to other banks.

The terrible, rude, and unprofessional customer service I received EVERY TIME I went to the branch in Raeford forced me to look elsewhere for banking services.  I never approved of having my account transferred from a free checking to one that costs $10 per month and will not pay service fees for services that I did not receive.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/06/2011 10:54 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/BBT-Bank-Fayetteville-NC/Fayetteville-North-Carolina-28376/BBT-Bank-Fayetteville-NC-Bank-BBT-credit-bureau-loans-checking-savings-account-Fayett-773444. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on BB&T Bank (Fayetteville, NC

Good Job!

AUTHOR: mr rik - (USA)

NOT pay'n em SQUAT!

You have to stick to your PRINCIPLES, the banks sure don't have any.

You already have another acct with a bank your satisfied with so SCREW EM!

Didn't your account terms specify a minimum balance?

AUTHOR: voiceofreason - (United States of America)

Just about any free bank account will specify a minimum balance that must be maintained to avoid fees. That taken for granted, it's silly bordering on outrageous for the bank to do anything more than simply confiscate the $7 you left there, close the account and call it a day. But, that's a bank for you. Try dealing with the corporate HQ in Winston Salem. A CEO staffer just might be embarrassed enough by the actions of the "little heads" you dealt with to just zero the damned thing out and end the sorry business.