Complaint Review: BB&T Bank

• Updated: Mon, January 10, 2011

• Reported By: I cant Believe hes back at it — new port richey Florida USA
BB&T Bank
Clearwater Florida, Florida United States of America

BB&T Bank Rip off this bank has a fee scam you need to avoid Clearwater Florida, Florida

*Consumer Comment: few pointers

*Consumer Comment: This is BS, I bank at BB&T, no problems ever.

*Consumer Comment: Actually coast..the register is useless...

*Consumer Comment: Problem solved

I put 500 in a new account with bb&T and here is how i ended up owing money to this scam bank

500 deposit

49 atm purchase
balance 1.00

2.00 fee for using bank atm

Neg balance -1.00

okay so the bank charges me 2 dollars to see my balace at the atm machine yes a bb& t atm machine. then they hold the atm purchase so they can then later fee me.

they charged me a fee for the balance inquary of 35.00 then they applied the atm charges after the fee so they could get another 70.00 in fees then charge me another 70 for the same fees.

I found this out after i deposited another 500.00.

end total i deposit 1000.00 they steal 175.00 in fees because they have a fee attached to the statement on the atm machines..

They tell me they understand and that they would be upset as well but its the way the banking works. too bad so sad next please.

If reading this stops one person from opening an account there i have not wasted my time. go anywhere else but this bank, please!!!

they know that know one person will take them to court over 70 dollars but if we dont do business there they wont be open long!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/08/2011 02:39 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/BBT-Bank/Clearwater-Florida-Florida-34654/BBT-Bank-Rip-off-this-bank-has-a-fee-scam-you-need-to-avoid-Clearwater-Florida-Flori-680408. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on BB&T Bank

few pointers

AUTHOR: Just a normal guy - (United States of America)

1. Don't run your balance so close.

2. Keep a register.

3. READ disclosures.

4. With most banks, when it comes to refunding overdraft fees, a matrix in a software system is used. The employee you're talking to is basically plugging in numbers, and if that says no, that's all they can do. They don't have authority to refund fees just because you think they should and are under HEAVY pressure not to even ask their supervisors for any more than that.

This is BS, I bank at BB&T, no problems ever.

AUTHOR: Steve - (U.S.A.)

This person is just another example of someone who doesn't keep an accurate register, and/or doesn't pay attention to the terms and conditions of the account. I have had one of my accounts at BB&T for over 4 years now and have never had a problem. Not one.

I can tell you that BB&T does charge a $1 fee if you do ONLY a "balance inquiry" at the ATM. All banks do as far as I have seen.

Whenever you do any other type of ATM transaction at a BB&T ATM, as a BB&T customer, the current available balance is included on the transaction reciept for free.

So, WHY were you checking your available balance via the ATM? Do you not maintain a checkbook register?

That is the problem here.

No rip off.

Actually coast..the register is useless...

AUTHOR: Ronny g - (USA)

..in this case...

How does the register know the bank is charging anything for this customer to check the balance at an ATM which is of the bank of the account holder? It seems the charges to check the balance is what brought the customer over by one dollar.

Now I agree..those if us who are perfect and never make the mistake of TRUSTING our bank, may not assume the simple asking at the ATM machine of our bank would charge us a fee if we click on "yes" to see our balance...but nonetheless, this has NOTHING to do with a register. So go suckle up with your friends Steve and I am the law and find another victim to belittle..this one has a legit complaint.

Problem solved

AUTHOR: coast - (USA)

Refer to your check register instead of the ATM for the account balance.