Complaint Review: BB&T Bank

• Submitted: Fri, February 08, 2008
  • Updated: Sat, February 09, 2008

• Reported By:Lyman South Carolina
BB&T Bank
Memorial Drive Ext. Greer, South Carolina U.S.A.

BB&T Branch Banking And Trust REBUTTAL to WE CAN'T JUST GIVE MONEY BACK! GREER South Carolina

*Consumer Comment: If the fraud was...

*Consumer Suggestion: I don't understand basis of complaint

I agree you can't just give money back, however, if you have someone who has been through this before I would think it would behoove you to help in finding ways to avoid this in the future. Also, there was much more that occurred that wasn't stated because the report would have been even longer. What about the unreturned phone calls? The issue with my bank card not being reinstated and not finding this out until 6 pm on a FRIDAY night? And then not being able to get in touch with the person who PROMISED me it would be, not to mention having told my creditors at that point I would be able to pay! That put me in a REAL bind, then giving me a hard time about cashing paychecks to try to keep my head above water even though we'd been through all of the issues and they were fully aware of the problem? I am the one who did all of the leg work, not BB&T, had I waited for them it would have taken weeks longer! I called the vendors, I told them to put stops on these shipments immediately. In fact, many of them hadn't even shipped out yet and I gave names, phone numbers, etc detailing who I'd spoken to at the vendor's place of business etc. BB&T needs to either put more people in their fraud dept to put more of a sense of urgency to these issues, afterall the customer, yes YOUR customer, is the victim here and in dire straights to get this cleared up. There is a PERSON behind this who did nothing to ask for it. You give out debit cards when customer's open a checking account, therefore, we should not be afraid to use these cards as cash one of the "benefits" listed to opening said checking account! You mention to put my anger onto the people who are committing this fraud? No problem if BB&T put more emphasis on pressing charges and do so even if the amount is under $10k, because believe me if I had $10k, I wouldn't be in as much of a need as I was when this happened. Law enforcement would have had more flexibility to do something about it had BB&T pressed charges or pressed the issue to determine WHO was the root cause of this issue but of course they choose not to. That right there is the issue, because I wasn't ripped off as big as someone else, it's not as important to figure out who CONTINUES to do this to me? Not good customer service OR protection as far as I'm concerned.

Lyn
Lyman, South Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/08/2008 12:28 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/BBT-Bank/Greer-South-Carolina/BBT-Branch-Banking-And-Trust-REBUTTAL-to-WE-CANT-JUST-GIVE-MONEY-BACK-GREER-South-Carol-307342. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on BB&T Bank

If the fraud was...

AUTHOR: Striderq - (U.S.A.)

committed against you and your business it is your responsibilty to press charges through the police and courts. The bank is goint to determine if the transactions were real or fraud and correct as necessary, but they're nor going to press charges against anyone.

#2 Consumer Suggestion

I don't understand basis of complaint

AUTHOR: Steven - (U.S.A.)

So lets see you have a business account with BB&T??? Clients send you checks to pay for your services. What is the funds availability supposed to be?? When will the checks be cleared??? Why not have clients electronically transfer you money instead of writing checks (maybe not possible if these are individuals)?

Is BB&T also your bookkeeper??? Do they have direct knowledge that you told shippers to hold off on shipping products to you and not to accept your checks to them as payment for services rendered??? If you don't want the check paid why not just go in and cancel it (and pay fee if necessary)???

Sounds like you are blaming the bank for your bad business sense.