Complaint Review: BB&T Bank

• Reported By: lashana — Snellville Georgia
BB&T Bank
2230 Scenic Hwy Snellville, Georgia USA

BB&T Bank Dishonest and slimy tactics for collecting fees. Snellville Georgia

*Author of original report: Stacy, stop and read the report before you judge me and how I manage money.

*Author of original report: Yes, really!

*Consumer Comment: Really?

I am very disappointed in how you all do business. It is very dishonest to credit the account " as a courtesy," then the account now has a positive balance. Additionally a deposit is made, then you go back and charge off the account for the negative impact of the fees you credited me and then basically charge me a charge off fee. Essentially you have charged me for an inactive account that had money in it when you closed it. I am an unemployed student who is actively seeking employment, however, really looks heinously dishonest. I was told I would be contacted by the bank but instead this action was taken. I find it hard yo believe a bank is really that hard up for money that you prey on unemployed students who are seeking to better themselves. You agreed to suspend the fees. That entire situation is just so inherently dishonest. SHAME ON YOU BB&T! I am very disappointed in your treatment.I have been calling about this two weeks straight, you promise to correct, then double back and argue that it is a system function. Really, 30 dollars from an unemployed student after you promise and issue a refund then say there no direct deposit or money in the account and then say well now we are charging off the account for inactivity. Actually there was a direct deposit and you all sneaked in and got the last few dollars out of my account and then left me in the negative and used this as basis for the charge off. This not the first time it;s been more than two months since activity, but somehow now you have an etched in stone policy that essentially takes back the credit and leaves me on the hook for a $30 underhandedly block my access to my account. I am livid and very disappointed. So inherently slimy.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/21/2013 02:15 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/BBT-Bank/Snellville-Georgia/BBT-Bank-Dishonest-and-slimy-tactics-for-collecting-fees-Snellville-Georgia-1061076. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on BB&T Bank

Stacy, stop and read the report before you judge me and how I manage money.

AUTHOR: lashanal@gmail.com - ()

I do not have checks and do not need check registers. I requested a student account and the request was granted along with a refund, after the bank had two months of fees on my account eating up what little money I had and causing a negative balance. My issue with the banks lies from them granting a so-called courtesy refund and then when I got a direct deposit, they locked the account, tied up the leftover funds after I paid my bills and then applied a fee equal to the so called courtesy credit. I was told the matter was fixed and then unbeknownst to me they pull a bait and switch. Now I went back to school, due to the job market and graduated and am now completing a graduate degree. i know how to take care of my business. I have been actively, and I do mean actively jobhunting. I am met with the overqualified repsonse, most of the time and truthfully am struggling mightily. So yes, it ticks me off, when the little fifteen or twenty dollars I have left is eaten up by a ridiculous bait and switch on the part of the bank. So, you an go back to your seat, apparently you didn't really even read my complaint, or you would have gotten what and why my complaint was filed and what the essence of my complaint was. Thank you so very much for showing your true colors.

Yes, really!

AUTHOR: lashanal@gmail.com - ()

First of all, I don't have a checkbook and do not require a check register. me bouncing checks is not the issue.

Really?

AUTHOR: Stacey - ()

Stop blaming the bank for YOUR actions.  Maybe if you kept a check register, reconciled your bank statements and stopped spending money you did not have then you would not overdraw your account.  Online and ATM balances are not accurate.  You need to take control of your finances and learn to budget your money if you are unemployed.  I am unemployed after 13 1/2 years at my former job.  I am also finishing my Post Grad degree and I never, ever spend any of my unemployment because I know what my limits are.

Grow up and take responsibility for your actions.