Complaint Review: BB&T Bank

• Submitted: Wed, April 02, 2008
  • Updated: Mon, September 29, 2008

• Reported By:Conyers Georgia
BB&T Bank
Conyers, Georgia Nationwide U.S.A.
  • Phone:
  • Web:
  • Category: Banks

BB&T Bank NSF FEE RIPOFF Conyers Georgia

*Consumer Comment: Tw, good luck finding another bank....

*Consumer Comment: Response to the author

*Author of original report: Response to "Employee"

*UPDATE Employee: You must take some accountability for your personal finances

*Consumer Suggestion: I feel your pain!

*Consumer Comment: Nothing New...

DO NOT OPEN AN ACCOUNT AT BB&T BANK.

CLOSE ALL OPEN ACCOUNTS AT BB&T BANK.

THEY POST ALL WITHDRAWALS AND DEBIT CARD TRANSACTIONS BEFORE THEY WILL POST A DEPOSIT OR EVEN AN INTERNAL TRANSFER.

I WAS CHARGED IN THE FOLLOWING MANNER:

ENDING BALANCE: 5.00

THIS IS UNLAWFUL!!!

Tw
Conyers, Georgia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/02/2008 07:37 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/BBT-Bank/nationwide/BBT-Bank-NSF-FEE-RIPOFF-Conyers-Georgia-323244. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on BB&T Bank

Tw, good luck finding another bank....

AUTHOR: J G Shrugged - (U.S.A.)

Because most of the major banks post all debits before credits. Many credit unions don't, and some of the smaller banks may still post deposits first. But this exact same scenario will occur at many other banks. It's legal and has been like this for some time.

Response to the author

AUTHOR: Anonymous - (U.S.A.)

Okay, here is how it works. Again, don't spend money you don't have. If you swipe your debit card and then go make a deposit, the purchase goes through first. Its you basically telling the merchant, "yes I have the money". And then in reality you don't. So, wouldn't you be technically stealing from the bank? And they give you all kinds of tools to use. Did you not read the pamphlets they gave you when you opened the account? Its called reading. I'm sure they taught you all how to read in school. I always again love when people point the finger of blame other than themselves. Its okay if you make mistakes, no one is perfect. Maybe you need to keep a checkbook register another suggestion.

Response to "Employee"

AUTHOR: Tw - (U.S.A.)

In response to your comment, you will see in my original report that I made an internal transfer between my BB&T accounts which in turn was credited AFTER the debit card transactions. The internal transfer would not need to be "verified" because the funds were already at the bank.

In situations like these - it is your employer's pathetic attempt to get as much as possible from their consumers - a ploy that I'm sure contributes to your salary, has an adverse affect in the marketplace - especially when there are bigger and better banks waiting in the wings to provide a new home to disgrunted and cheated consumers.

Nonetheless, I have already started the process of moving my banking to another bank. You might want to spread the word that times are not what they used to - there are way too many choices out there for consumers and the days of "I trust my corner bank" or "I always have banked at" are surely coming to and end.

You must take some accountability for your personal finances

AUTHOR: Golfinggirl - (U.S.A.)

The bottom line is you must monitor your account and your funds. You simply cannot assume BB&T (or any bank) will post items in your preferred order. It is up to you to take ownership of your finances and simply not spend money that has not posted to your account and to understand your bank's policies.

You must also realize the way banks work. They do not make funds available until they have verified them. They do not want to be left holding the bag if you cash a bad check. That's just good business and the common practice for all banks, not just BB&T.

#5 Consumer Suggestion

AUTHOR: Angeline - (U.S.A.)

I deal with the Loganville branch (in the process of closing account) and they got me for over $1300 last month and about $700 previous month. Same experience - make a deposit (CASH) then use card, available balance online will reflect the deposit as available, but then I use my card later in the day and the bank will charge overdraft fees on the transactions and then show the deposit going in after those debits. They are the working mans worst enemy and will find every excuse to not return your money. Their most popular quote is, "Well you're not seeing what I see on this screen." After printing my statement online, and going to the branch and getting a print out, they still use that quote! I wonder how many screens they have. I guess however many they need to sc**w you out of your money.

I want to know who regulates them - so one should. Save yourself the trouble and money and don't open an account with them!

#6 Consumer Suggestion

#7 Consumer Suggestion

#8 Consumer Suggestion

Nothing New...

AUTHOR: John - (U.S.A.)

THIS IS UNLAWFUL!!!
------------
Sadly, it isn't.....The banks have found out what members of the mafia have know for decades...there is a ton of money to be made off the working poor...