factory

Complaint Review: BB&T - Branch Banking & Trust

• Submitted: Sun, February 14, 2010
  • Updated: Fri, February 19, 2010

• Reported By: gray2net — Wilmington, NC 28412 North Carolina United States of America
BB&T - Branch Banking & Trust
Carolina Beach, North Carolina United States of America

BB&T - Branch Banking & Trust When you are undergoing financial hardships and looking for help, there are there to kick you where you are down... Carolina Beach, North Carolina

*Author of original report: Other stories

*Author of original report: Clarification

*Consumer Comment: You Know..

We had a disagreement, but I can tell my side of the story.  They have surely been there at every turn to charge me 35 dollars making matters worse when times get difficult.  Their fatboy banker almost pissed himself with delight when I sold my boat and deposited over 13k.  He was the same one who was at the door to kick me out when I complained.

They are only interested in your money and what you can do for them.  If you boil it down, they are never going to have any REAL simpathy for you, and are just waiting for you to overdraft a penny to charge you as much as they can.

They closed my account as they just dont like it if you complain when they are screwing you.  I guess you are supposed to smile.

The stock is a sell.

B. Gray, CFA

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/14/2010 06:06 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/BBT-Branch-Banking-Trust/Carolina-Beach-North-Carolina-28428/BBT-Branch-Banking-Trust-When-you-are-undergoing-financial-hardships-and-looking-fo-569501. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on BB&T - Branch Banking & Trust

Other stories

AUTHOR: gray2net - (United States of America)

Its not just me.  They just screwed my neighbor out of 300 bux.

Here is a website where you can read of a litany of people who have been treated similarly.  http://www.consumeraffairs.com/finance/bbt_bank.html

Please read and spread the word.

Clarification

AUTHOR: gray2net - (United States of America)

Bob,

Thanks for the opportunity to clarify.  You said someone who sells a boat does not have a financial hardship.  That was six years ago.  I had the money then, and now, like many, many others I am broke.  Does that make you feel better.  My point was simply that they give a crap about you, and in-turn themselves when you have money, and dont if you dont.  It was just an example of being on both sides of the fence.  Sorry, I left the time differential out of my example.

CFA is a Chartered Financial Analyst.  And, Bob, dont I just get to express my opinion once in a while without being chastized.  They dont like me and I dont like them.

Thanks Bob.

You Know..

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

If you are serious and for some strange reason looking for sympathy for having to sell your boat during your "financial hardship", that is probably going to be hard to find.  Especially from people who are just struggling with 2-3 jobs to try and keep their house.

Better yet if your complaint is overdrafting.  If you are actually stating you are a CFA(Certified Financial Analyst), you if anybody should understand the importance of keeping a register and managing your account.  Which as a CFA probably realize that a lack of doing that is a primary cause of overdrafts in the first place.  In addition you should also know that a checking account is NOT a line of credit,  so if you overdraft you are going to get hit with fees.  Which as a CFA you know they are in the terms of the account.